Underground City and Ihlara Valley Group Tour With Lunch
Pick up from your hotel in Cappadocia and ends approximately 17.30 with a drop off back to your hotel.
Your tour will start with breathtaking panoramic views over Goreme. Listen to information about the history, the formation of Cappadocia while looking at the fairy chimneys. Following the information, you will have free time for photographs.
After driving for about 40 minutes, arrive at Derinkuyu Underground City. The late Romans used this underground city as a shelter against potential invasions. Derinkuyu is the largest underground city in the Cappadocia region.
Next, we will drive to Ihlara Canyon. After 45 minutes we will arrive at the entrance of Ihlara Valt. Ihlara Valley was formed by the volcanic eruptions of Mt. Hasan, next to Ihlara Valley. Over the years Melendiz River eroded the Valley, which meant the layers cracked and eventually, an 80-meter deep canyon was composed. We will hike roughly 3km, which should take about an hour.
We will then arrive at the restaurant for lunch with views over the Valley. A set menu of soup and salad, choose one of the main dishes from the list and dessert of seasonal fruits. After lunch, we will take you to Yaprakhisar. You will see the most beautiful examples of fairy chimneys.
Our tour will continue to Selime Monastery. Hear stories about the monastic life in Cappadocia. We will stop for a short rest your guide will mention about some traditions, cultures and stories about Anatolia on the way.
We will then arrive at Pigeon Valley. Pigeons have always been a crucial element for the Cappadocian people. Their eggs and droppings are used for different purposes. The local people even carved houses for them into the slopes of the Valley.
- Take in the panoramic views over Goreme
- Hike to Ilhara Valley and see how the canyon was formed
- Enjoy lunch with views over Ilhara Valley
- See Selime monastry and hear the stories of the monastic lives of people through history
- Hear how important the pigeons are to the Cappadocian people at Pigeon Valley
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 8 to 9 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from hotel in and around Cappadocia.
- CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. Please note we reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- All Entrance Fees
- Hotel Pick up and drop-off
- English speaking guide
- Alcoholic/Soft drinks with lunch
- Personal Expenses
- Other services not mentioned
- The Underground City is not appropriate for people who suffer from claustrophobia
- We recommend you wear clothing and footwear suitable for hiking and walking on rough, uneven surfaces. In the summer months, please bring your own hats and sunscreen.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1