Solitario Hike Volcan Osorno Petrohue Falls
Today we will drive along a scenic road bordering the Llanquihue Lake which hosts one of the best scenic roads in the region. We will arrive at the Vicente Perez Rosales National Park oldest national park, founded in 1926. It covers an area of 251,000 hectares (619,970 acres), incorporating the park's centrepiece, Lago Todos Los Santos, Saltos de Petrohué, and three commanding volcanoes: Osorno, Tronador and Puntiagudo.
We will continue the road up to the Confiteria at about 4600 feet from where we will enjoy our first short walk of the day going around a secondary crater whose red and orange colours stand out from the natural landscape. From here you will get one of the nicest views of the Calbuco Volcano which sits right in front of us at about 25 km/ 16 miles of distance, time for a coffee at the Confiteria and head to the starting point of Solitario trail.
Here we will join the nature trail which introduces us into the deep forest with lichens and ferns that slowly change the landscape into drier terrain and cross the lava flow of the last eruption in 1869 to finally arrive at the spectacular Petrohue River rapids that flows to the estuary of Reloncavi.
As part of the excursion not to be missed the Emerald Lake. Drive back to your hotel. Arrive at 18 hs approx.
- Hiking on a Volcano
- Visit to Emerald Lake
- Views of The highest peaks in the region
- Petrohue Falls
- Scheduling: Goodman Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 9 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick you up at your hotel in Puerto Varas.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- On Request
- Entrance fee to Saltos de Petrohué
- Box Lunch.Sandwich, snack, cereal bar, fruit.
- Private guide with Wilderness First responder Certificate, knowledgeable in native flora and fauna.
- Private Transport
- During January a fly called coliguaxho begins to proliferate , it could cause feeling very uncomfortable if clients are not used to having flies around.
- Safety: Emergency equipment and first aid kit.
- Equipment to bring: Water, warm clothes according to weather and time of the year. Trekking shoes, rain jacket, sun and skin protection (sunglasses, hat). Safety:
- Excursion runs from October to Late April. Subject to good weather conditions.