Chengdu Panda Private Volunteer Program at Dujiangyan Panda Base
Meet your guide at 8:00 am from your Chengdu downtown hotel lobby, board a comfortable vehicle and drive approximately 1.5 hours to the Dujiangyan Panda Base. Enjoy the scenic surroundings on the way and get more knowledge of Chengdu from your guide.
Dujiangyan Panda Base, also known as China Conservation and Research Center for Giant Panda Dujiangyan Base, is the only giant panda care, disease prevention and control institute in the world. Here you will volunteer for a memorable day with Giant Pandas.
The volunteers’ work is mainly about two aspects, sweeping and feeding. Upon arrival, you will change into special uniforms and be given short training in how to deal with the pandas. You first chore is cleaning the panda enclosures and taking notes for record. After that, it is time to wash and carry fresh bamboo, prepare food like fruit, carrots and panda cakes, and distribute the food to the pandas.
After your morning volunteer session, enjoy a local lunch at the centre’s cafeteria and spend around 1 hour strolling around the centre and watch a panda documentary.
In the afternoon, you will help to clean the indoor and outdoor enclosures and make panda food, or you might have a chance to record panda behaviour based on the keeper’s schedule. You can take pictures of Giant Pandas and learn about each lovely panda.
After this once-in-a-lifetime experience at the Panda Base, you will receive a volunteer certificate and the satisfaction of contributing to a great cause, then enjoy a comfortable transfer back to your hotel to conclude the trip.
- This private tour is operated with just your party
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Gain once-in-a-lifetime memory with China Giant Pandas
- Spend a full day to have a Giant Pandas volunteer experience
- See lovely furry giant pandas at Dujiangyan Panda Base
- Scheduling: Goodman Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick-up from the lobby of your Chengdu downtown hotel
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 5 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Fuel surcharge and tax
- Panda volunteer fee
- Local lunch
- Entrance fee
- Bottled water
- English-speaking tour guide
- Professional licensed driver
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private tour
- Optional activities
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Donation to Panda Foundation for panda volunteering is compulsory and included in tour fee, the money raised from this activity will help the non-profit center continue its vital research into this endangered species
- Please book 5 days in advance and provide documents after booking
- Health certificate and passport copy are required for all passengers
- Volunteer Program could be modified based on the health of the pandas
- Daily quota of 20 volunteers is imposed by the Panda Base