Old Town Traditional Czech Food Tour
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered in: English
- Duration: 4 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Easy CancellationNon-refundable
- Visit our favourite bistros, restaurants, wine bars and cafés and discover the many mouth-watering highlights of Czech cuisine with us
- Admire the most beautiful landmarks and picturesque squares of historical Prague
- Learn from a local foodie about the fascinating history of the dishes you’re eating and the drinks in your hand
- Try traditional dishes such as roast meats, sauces, dumplings and potato pancakes
- Enjoy a tasting of fine Moravian wines and discover an under-appreciated European wine region that’s not well-known to the world… yet!
Explore Prague with all your senses!
Czechs are hedonists who appreciate a hearty meal washed down with that world-famous Czech beer, and your local guide will show you how to do this in style, as the locals do! What are you waiting for? Join us for a foodie adventure through the historical centre of Prague that you won’t forget.
After meeting your friendly local guide in Náměstí Republiky Square, we’ll head straight to our first stop of the day for an exceptional gastronomic experience in a bistro, which we are certain every foodie will appreciate. This locals' favourite is known for its extraordinary concept; it’s a bistro and a butcher all in one.
Would you like to taste sausages, roast meat or potato pancakes in their best form? This is the place to do it. Everything here is prepared according to the good old 1920s recipes, and your chosen dishes will be served to you directly on a tray with a slice of delish Czech dark bread. We’ll wash it down with the most famous of Czech lagers or a homemade lemonade if you prefer.
After filling our bellies with some fine Czech food, it’s time for some sightseeing. Prague is one of Europe’s most beautiful cities, so you are in for a treat! As we walk you’ll learn more about one of the most important historic areas of the city. We will pass through the New Town’s art deco passages, making our way towards the magnificent Old Town. Before we reach the Old Town Square, we’ll take you to a restaurant where you can taste the truest Czech cuisine at its finest. Thanks to our unique location in the heart of Europe, Czech food has been influenced by neighbouring European countries for thousands of years; at this stop, you’ll taste the results of this cultural blend on your plate!
Next, we’ll make our way through the old cobblestoned streets and before crossing the iconic Charles Bridge, we will stop to taste some great Moravian wines. Although the Czech Republic is a world-famous beer superpower, wine growing in our country has a long tradition and you can find many eminent wineries on the slopes in the southeastern corner of our country.
As always, we have saved the best for last! We will take a seat in one of the Old Town’s lesser-known but fabulous venues to try something sweet and very, very Czech! No, it’s not going to be the Chimney Cake that you see all around the city, but a dessert that is deeply associated with our childhood. There is no better way of ending our foodie adventure around the city, trust us!
After enjoying dessert, we’ll head back towards the tram stop where our tour ends. Before you go, don’t forget to tap up your local guide for tips on what else to see, do and most importantly, eat during your stay in picturesque Prague.
- Food-loving and English-speaking local guide
- 8 food and 5 beverage tastings of traditional Czech cuisine
- A map with personalized food recommendations
- Any expense of personal nature
- Additional drinks/meals
- Transportation to/from the meeting and end points
- This tour will end at Tram stop Malostranské Náměstí (trams number 12, 15, 20, 22, 23).
- Vegetarians, celiacs and people with other allergies MUST get in touch with us before making your booking so that we can ensure we are able to cater to your requirements, as all food is arranged in advance.
- We reserve the right to change the course of the tour and places visited in case one of the venues is closed. In the event of a change of menu, we will pick the best alternative, ensuring no loss in quality or quantity of inclusions.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes. In summer months, bring a hat and sunscreen. This tour departs rain or shine, so you may want to bring an umbrella, depending on the weather.
- Food tastings will vary depending on the season and availability but you can expect dishes such as goulash, beef sirloin with dumplings, roast pork and cabbage, etc