Dominican Flavours Private Experience
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered in: English, German, French, Spanish
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 4 adults is required to book this tour
- Pick-up servicePick up from all hotels on Punta Cana, Bavaro, Bayahibe, Uvero Alto and Cabeza de Toro areas, within La Altagracia Province
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Sightseeing tour of Higüey to visit one of the most important monuments of the new world
- Meet a local artisan, learn about hand rolling cigars and try to make one yourself
- Relax in one of the hammocks with a coconut cocktail or take a refreshing swim in the properties own pool
- Enjoy a delicious lunch in the open patio and listen to interesting information from your multilingual guide
- Participate in the preparation of a typical meal and learn about Dominican flavors
- Stroll over the cities most important fruit and meat market
- Visit of an Victorian farm house hidden in the sugar cane fields of Higüey
Just a few minutes drive from Bavaro, you leave the shiny world of 5 * star hotels and all-inclusive resorts to pass over countryside roads through rural villages and small communities. Getting only the freshest ingredients directly from local farmers, allow Juan, the factory owner to handcraft the most delicious fresh cheese around here and makes his family owned food-store a really popular stop in the morning. You will be able to sample some of their cheese, milk products or homemade sweets besides a fresh Mabi, a local delicacy.
Stroll with your personal guide over the local market of Higuey, where loud shouting merchants and local vendors price their goods, tropical fruits and organic vegetables, stables, and fresh meat. By taking any of the narrow aisles you will find funny cooking utensils, herb, and natural medicine shops and many other curiosities. This tour would not be complete, without the visit of one of the most important monuments of the province of La Altagracia, the Basilica of Higüey.
A short visit gives you deep insights into our culture and religion and gives you the opportunity to visit this unique place that Pope Paul II has blessed personally back in 1992. This cultural and culinary tour gives you the chance not only to taste delicious local dishes, freshly cooked by this lovely family but to learn about their preparation and hard that go into those Caribbean feasts. You have been invited to their beautiful Victorian style house, where you get to relax and soak in fantastic arts and crafts exhibits besides family pictures from now and the past.
Refreshing welcome cocktails and hammocks invite to let your soul dangle for a while, listen to interesting stories and tells of your local guide and adopt the Dominican lifestyle of taking it easy. There is even time to take a swim in the properties own, refreshing pool. You get to taste the famous Mamajuana, a local remedy that is served as a cure for almost all aces and illnesses and a typical shot served to friends and family as welcome to their home.
A true spectacle is awaiting you when in the afternoon a rail train passes by, transporting freshly cut sugar cane back to the refinery. If you ever wondered how Caribbean cigars are made, you are able to learn up-close about the process of hand rolling tobacco and get the chance to try it out yourself.
Punta Cana got its nickname – coconut cove – from the thousands of coconut palms lining endless white beaches, therefore you have to try a freshly cut coconut and learn about their natural benefits and uses in our daily lives.
- Entrance fee to monument La Basilica
- Hotel Pick up and drop off
- Transportation with AC
- Special local souvenir/gift for each guest
- Baby seat available upon request
- Professional trained guide and live commentary
- Dominican lunch
- Rum and beer
- Soft drinks
- Purified water
- Any person with back complications should seek professional advice before taking this tour.
- Pregnant ladies are not permitted to take this tour.
- Not recommended for people with mobility issues