1914 Original Trolley City of Quito & Middle of the World Monument
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered in: English
- Duration: 7 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Prices are per person for shared services
- On Sunday, this tour operates in an inverted way, first you visit Middle of the World and then the city tour.
- Pick-up servicepick up from your chosen hotel
- Easy CancellationCancellations up to 48 hours before the reservation without charge.
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- La Mariscal
- La Basílica
- Plaza Grande
- San Francisco
- El Panecillo
- Equatorial Monument
We begin in the northern part of the city with a tour along the most important commercial areas, where most of the hotels in Quito are located.
Then we head to the historic center to visit the Basilica del Voto Nacional, where we will make a brief stop and later reach the Plaza de la Independencia, where through a walking route you will see the Cathedral, the Government Palace, the Archbishop's Palace and the La Compañia Church, recognized for its adornments and gold altars.
Tour will continue towards the Church of San Francisco, built in the seventeenth century. (Entrance to churches are not included).
Then headed to the Mirador del Panecillo, a place renowned for its beauty, where you can admire a beautiful landscape of colonial and modern Quito.
If the passengers wish, they can visit on their own the National Museum, which offers a sample of pieces that tell the history and ancestral culture of Ecuador and is open to the public without cost from Tuesday to Sunday from 09h00 to 18h00, or continue with a stop at the “Zona Rosa” of the city for approximately an hour and a half to have free time for lunch (not included).
We will then continue to the northern part of the city, heading up to the “Middle of the World City”, where the monument that divides the Northern from the Southern Hemisphere will be observed.
The monument was built during the XVII century when a French Expedition defined the precise location of the equatorial line.
The tour includes entrance to Middle of the World where you can enjoy the cultural experience of the attractions of this privileged place.
- Roundtrip Hotel Transfers - Please see description for more information
- Some Admissions
- Optional Gratuities
Pick-up time approx: Sunday 8:32 - GALERIA ECUADOR (Reina Victoria N24-263 y Lizardo García)
- This service will be developed by a National Tourism Guide
- Regular services (SIB) depart and return only from the following hotels: Sheraton, Dann Carlton, Wyndham Garden, JW Marriott, Holiday, Nu House, Hilton Colon, Mercure Alameda, Reina Isabel, Swissotel, Nh Collection. If you will be staying at an alternate hotel, please email email@example.com to find the nearest pickup point.
- Someone from Privatetour.com will contact you at least 48 hours prior to your tour time to confirm the details of your departure.