Dark Side of Paris Private Evening Walking Tour
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered in: English, Spanish
- Duration: 2 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Private tour for 5 - 10 participants
- Not available Saturdays or Sundays
- Easy CancellationFree cancellation up to 3 calendar days before departure (Central European Time). Beyond that period, the following fees apply: 2 calendar days prior service: 50% of tour price (Central European Time) 1 calendar day prior service: 100% of tour price (Central European Time)
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 12 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Chilling tales of murder, mystery, mayhem and ghosts
- A beautiful nighttime backdrop of illuminated monuments
- A vivid & imaginative trip through Parisian history
- Groups limited to 10 people for maximum interaction
Join a nighttime 3-hour walking tour set against some of Paris’ most beautifully illuminated monuments!
Your expert guide will take you into a world of conspiracy, assassinations, ghosts, mystery and intrigue.
You will hear about Paris darkest secrets that have remained buried for centuries: medieval murders, curses and prophecies, the violent death of King Henri IV, the macabre origins of the Catacombs and even the legend of the Holy Grail. Enjoy all of this against a perfect backdrop, as you’ll walk by the Conciergerie, Place Dauphine, Pont Neuf, the Louvre, Notre Dame, and more.
You will meet our guide “Localers” outside the “Cité” metro station in the Ile de la Cité as the sunset appears in the sky. In front of the Conciergerie, an ancient medieval prison, your guide will start the tour by telling you about France’s most shameful murder and the dreadful details of his public execution.
You will continue towards Place Dauphine and Pont Neuf where you will be immersed into a world of famine, murder, royal mistresses, the dark legend of the Knights Templar and the Holy Grail.
You will then hear about creepy anecdotes of the Royal Palace of the Louvre while you watch the illuminated glass pyramid of the museum. You will be captivated by the Parisian ghost stories the guide will narrate and by the most frightening serial killer tales.
After, the guide will head you off the street where Marie Antoinette went to the guillotine spot and detail the bloody terrors of the French Revolution. You will visit places where were taken place the public tortures and the prophecies and see the insalubrious cemetery that offered its skeletal remains to the Catacombs of Paris.
Your bone-chilling adventure will end in front of Notre Dame Cathedral where you can appreciate watching the astonishing gargoyles and the majestic bell towers. You might be able to discover some of its mystical secrets and keep on walking through the dark side of Paris!
- An expert local guide who is also a professional storyteller
- A small-group tour
- Meet your guide outside “Cité” metro station on Place Louis-Lépine. Your guide will be wearing a special badge with the Localers logo, you can't miss it! The exact address of the station is “Place Louis-Lépine” on rue de Lutèce. Please note: There is only one exit when leaving the station.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1