Guided tours of Notre Dame Cathedral and the Notre Dame towers
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered in: English
- Duration: 2 to 3 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Not recommend for children under the age of 4
- Available only on Mondays
- No strollers permitted
- Disability ServicesNo disability access.
- Easy CancellationFree cancellation up to 3 calendar days before departure (Central European Time). Beyond that period, the following fees apply: 2 calendar days prior service: 50% of tour price (Central European Time) 1 calendar day prior service: 100% of tour price (Central European Time)
- Guided tour of the magnificent Notre Dame cathedral
- An enthusiastic expert guide will reveal the site's beauty and secrets
- The unique experience of climbing the Notre Dame towers
- A breathtaking view of Paris and the Ile-de-la-Cité from atop the towers
Climbing the Notre Dame towers will let you see the famous gargoyles and enjoy an exceptional view of the Ile-de-la-Cité!
This guided tour of Notre Dame cathedral will allow you to explore all the wealth of one of Paris's most iconic landmarks. Admire its extraordinary facade, the majesty of its interior and its stunning towers.
Go right to the square in front of Notre Dame, place Jean Paul II on the Ile-de-la-Cité, where you will find our PARISCityVISION guide. They will share the history of this religious building that was long the highest structure in Paris. It is an integral part of French heritage, having played a role in many episodes in French history: a royal church in the Middle Ages, the Cathedral was where Napoleon I was crowned (immortalized in the painting by David on exhibition in the Louvre museum), and on August 26, 1944, the liberation of Paris was celebrated under its arches.
Begin your tour by contemplating Notre Dame's facade that displays its immense architectural wealth, one of the reasons it is a UNESCO World Heritage site. With its flamboyant gothic style, the cathedral looks like a boat on the Seine. Our guide will explain the bas-reliefs etched into the stone that lines each of the three doors. You will be amazed by the splendid rose that dominates the square over the main entrance. Dive into the history and legends of this church made iconic in the novel by Victor Hugo.
You will then enter the church. You will immediately be immersed in the mystical atmosphere where silence reigns supreme. Our guide will accompany you as you discover all of the church's artistic wealth. An immense nave at the centre of the church, lined by magnificent high stained glass windows, shows off the building's incredible depth. Our guide will show you the specificities of its gothic architecture, the treasures found within, and the beauty it embodies, illustrated by the magnificent stained glass windows. Many small chapels line the side aisles, two marvellous roses stand watch over each of the two transepts, and the relics of the crown of thorns are exhibited at the back of the building.
Then, our guide will take you to climb the 422 steps up to the top of the Notre Dame towers. You will have priority access to avoid the long lines. While you climb, you will stop off to admire the stunning gargoyles that are just in reach with 56 decorating the tower galleries. Then, head to the bell tower with the biggest bell in Notre Dame, called the "Bourdon Emmanuel" weighing 13 tons. Finally, you will reach the panoramic terrace that offers a breathtaking 360° view of Paris and the Ile-de-la-Cité.
Our guide will leave you at the tower exit, and you can continue your exploration of the Ile-de-la-Cité at your leisure.
- Access to Notre Dame cathedral and towers
- Entrance to the Crypt
- Tour guide services
You must show the guide your voucher at Notre-Dame-Place Jean Paul II, 15 minutes before the start of the visit.
- Security inspections may slow access to the cathedral and the towers.
- Dress appropriately - Shorts, bare shoulders, short skirts, etc. are not allowed.