Private Full Day Guided Tour to the Palace of Versailles and Trianons From Paris With Lunch
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered in: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel/accommodation in Paris.
- Easy CancellationFree cancellation up to 3 calendar days before departure (Central European Time). Beyond that period, the following fees apply: 2 calendar days prior service: 50% of tour price (Central European Time) 1 calendar day prior service: 100% of tour price (Central European Time)
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 12 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Exciting guided tour of the Palace of Versailles and the Trianons
- Lunch in an old farmhouse in the gardens of Versailles
- Exceptional day at the Versailles Estate
- Discovery of the incredible setting of the Queen's Hamlet
In the charming atmosphere of your private group, our driver-guide will take you by minibus to the Palace of Versailles for an exceptional day. After a guided tour of the famous royal residence, you will be able to discover a part of the gardens before going to the delightful restaurant "La Petite Venise".
The afternoon will be dedicated to the Trianons in a special atmosphere with, on the one hand, the Grand Trianon reserved for the Kings, then the Petit Trianon with the Marie-Antoinette Hamlet.
The Palace of Versailles was the residence of three kings of France: Louis XIV, XV, and XVI, from 1682 to 1789. Your guide will accompany you throughout the day as you discover the majesty of the Palace of Versailles and its most beautiful rooms.
A symbol of royal power, admire the decoration, the palace's Baroque architecture, its works of art, and antique furniture. After your tour, spend time exploring the beautiful formal gardens at your own pace before enjoying lunch in a restaurant near the Grand Canal.
In the afternoon, discover another part of Versailles on a tour of the Small and Large Trianons and the Queen's Hamlet, created especially for Marie Antoinette and located in a distant and peaceful corner of the grounds.
Set off from your Paris accommodation at 8 am for the Palace of Versailles. Relax during the minibus journey and listen to the first part of your guide's commentary about the history of the Palace of Versailles, which consists of more than 700 rooms!
Follow your guide and head straight of the front of the line to see the Palace of Versailles's most beautiful rooms: the King's Apartments, with seven sophisticated salons, and the Queen's Apartments. You will also visit the magnificent Hall of Mirrors, a place to see and be seen, designed to amaze visitors to the Sun King with its marble decoration and gilded bronzes.
You will explore the park (by mini-train in winter and on foot in summer) to reach the restaurant "La Petite Venise" located at the bottom of the Grand Canal. On the road, you will be amazed by the beauty of the gardens maintained by hundreds of gardeners all year round. The restaurant offers a charming setting and a delicious traditional French meal.
Menu restaurant "La Petite Venise"*
3-course menu with drinks
Pumpkin soup, croutons
Paccheri al ragù
Vegetarian dish: Taglierini, tomato-basil sauce, heart of Burrata
Molten chocolate cake, caramel sauce
Sun Vegetables Terrine
A glass of red wine from Pays du Gard
Carafe of water
Coffee or tea
Always accompanied by our guide, you will walk to the Grand Trianon in the heart of the park. You will then be able to immerse yourself in a special atmosphere, far from the crowd at the Palace of Versailles. Louis Philippe and Napoleon made it their main residence.
It has beautiful rooms with colourful furniture. You will then head towards the Petit Trianon, passing Marie-Antoinette's favourite tree, which was destroyed by a storm in 1989. This building was originally built for Madame de Pompadour by Louis XV. Under Louis XVI's reign, Marie-Antoinette loved to receive her friends in a simple but refined setting.
You will cross small paths in a calm atmosphere to reach the Queen's Hamlet. You will immerse yourself in a universe that completely contrasts with the Palace of Versailles. Composed of several charming little houses, the Hamlet became Marie-Antoinette's main residence who wanted to get away from the hectic royal life.
Not considered as a great queen, Marie-Antoinette was a very good mother and was attached to simple peasant life in this small village surrounded by her children. You can walk through the hamlet and if you wish, go to the farm where you will find various animals.
You will then join our driver-guide to board again the minibus that will take you back to your place of residence in Paris. Arrival scheduled for around 4 pm.
- Minibus transfers to and from your Paris accommodation
- Services of a driver tour guide
- One menu for adults and children
- Priority access ticket at Versailles
- Personal expenses of any kind
- In Winter: Ride the mini train across the gardens to the Trianon/ In Summer: walk through the gardens to the Trianon.
- Strollers are not permitted in the palace or the two Trianons
- The skip-the-line access is subject to the Versailles Palace procedures: The Vigipirate plan, the security control or an unforeseen crowd can slow down the entrance
- Excursion not recommended for those with walking difficulties or reduced mobility: it includes about three hours of brisk walking.
- Flat shoes are highly recommended (parquet flooring in the palace's rooms and cobblestones in the courtyard)