Guided small group tour in Marseille and Cassis
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered in: English, German, Spanish
- Duration: 5 to 6 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Easy CancellationFree cancellation up to 3 calendar days before departure (Central European Time). Beyond that period, the following fees apply: 2 calendar days prior service: 50% of tour price (Central European Time) 1 calendar day prior service: 100% of tour price (Central European Time)
- See superb Provence landscapes in a comfortable minibus (maximum 8 people)
- Guided tours in Cassis and Marseille with a driver/guide who loves the region
- Exceptional views of the Cassis Calanques from a Mediterranean cruise ship
- Panoramic tour of Marseille, a city in Provence that can’t be missed
Enjoy a panoramic tour to discover the incomparable city of Marseille!
Head off for a magical morning in the heart of Provence, France’s ever-charming and colourful southern region. Alongside a passionate driver/guide, you will visit Marseille and Cassis, two emblematic cities in Provence.
You’ll meet our driver/guide in front of the Hôtel Blu Radisson located in Marseille’s Old Port. You'll head off on a panoramic city tour on board a comfortable, air-conditioned minibus, discovering the wealth of the Phocaean City as you hear amusing stories and anecdotes told by our guide.
During the Marseille visit, stops are planned so you can take photos and capture the exceptional view of Marseille and its surroundings. The first stop is planned at the stunning Abbey of Saint Victor, a site which is both Roman and Gothic. You will then continue towards the splendid Notre-Dame de la Garde, long considered the Guardian of sailors and fishermen. You will have around 30 minutes of free time to visit this magnificent church, which overlooks the city.
On your path through the city, you can also admire the Frioul Archipelago, which historically was Marseille’s defence, due to its strategic position. You will also see the famous Château d’If, which served as a prison for more than 400 years. Lastly, you can catch a glimpse of the Vallon des Auffes, a small, authentic port where you’ll find small, traditional fishing huts.
After this tour of the enchanted city, you’ll head to Cassis in the company of our driver/guide. The approximate one-hour journey is the chance to admire magnificent Provence landscapes as they pass by. Once you arrive in Cassis, you will board a boat, where you can enjoy a captivating cruise into the city’s “Calanques”. This trip out to sea will offer you a breathtaking view of the creeks located between cliffs surrounding the charming village of Cassis. Nestled between two classified natural sites—the Massif des Calanques and Cap Canaille—Cassis is also characterized by its cliffs and its wine.
After about 45 min. cruise, you will board the minibus, which will take you and the guide to Cap Canaille. A 15-minute stop is planned so that you can gaze out at an unconditional view of the sea.
You’ll then return to Marseille, with a return planned at the Old Port for 6:30 p.m. in front of the Radisson hotel.
- The services of a professional driver-guide
- Return transfer from Marseille
- Cassis Calanques cruise ship of 45min
- Panoramique tour of Marseille
- You will be emailed confirmation of your visit, together with an exchange coupon/voucher.