Battlefields of Gallipoli to Ephesus on a 4 Days Tour
Visit the battlefield, Ari Burnu, Brighton Beach, and ANZAC Cove graveyards as well as Lonepine Australian memorial and Cemetery; the tunnels used during World War I and trenches at the Johnstons Jolly, the Nek Cemetery, Ataturk statue in Chunuk Bair, New Zealand memorial and cemetery.
Visit Pergamon that became an important kingdom during the Hellenistic period and had the second-best library in the time of the ancient Greek civilisation, after Alexandria.
When the Ptolemies stopped exporting papyrus because of competitors, and partly because of shortages, the Pergamenes created a new substance to use in codices, called pergaminus or parchment after the city. This was made of calfskin, a predecessor of vellum.
You will venture to the UNESCO-listed Ephesus where you will see one of the worlds best-preserved ancient site and see where Virgin Mary spent her final days at the House of the Virgin Mary. Get to experience Temple of Artemis one of the seven wonders of the ancient world.
- Witness the now a serene site of the World War I battlefields of Gallipoli
- Visit the ancient town of Pergamum with its magnificent acropolis
- Explore the ancient city of Ephesus one of the best-preserved ruins in the world
- Visit a carpet village and learn how the carpets are made by hand
- Scheduling: Private
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Italian
- Duration: 4 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel near Gallipoli or meet at a designated meeting point
- CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. Please note we reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Transportation by a comfortable AC non smoking Luxurious car/Van with professional driver
- Professional and experienced licensed guide during the tours
- All accommodation
- Entry fees to the sites and museums
- Meals as stated in the itinerary
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Meals that are not stated in the itinerary
Depart early morning for an afternoon tour of Gallipoli.
The World War I battlefields of Gallipoli are now a serene site. Also visit the Lone Pine Australian Memorial, Chunuk Bair New Zealand Memorial, ANZAC Cove, Johnston’s Jolly and Gallipoli Museum.
Today you will have a tour of Troy and Pergamum, before continuing to Kusadasi.
Visit the ancient city of Troy, world-famous for the legendary Trojan horse that date back to the times of Helen, Queen of Sparta and the ancient city of Pergamum with its spectacular acropolis and has one of the steepest ancient theatres in the world.
Its magnificent library, temples, and medical facilities also made it a renowned political and cultural centre in its time.
Then we will enjoy a lovely display of locally handcrafted leather goods.
Absorb yourself in some amazing history today with a guided tour of Ephesus and also visit the Temple of Artemis which was one of the seven wonders of the ancient world where you can feel the mystical atmosphere of the ancient city and theatre.
Carpet weaving has very long traditions in Turkey, and you will get a chance to visit a carpet village and learn how the carpets are made by hand and what determines their value.
After breakfast, the tour concludes.
- Please check if you need a visa to enter Turkey
- Make sure you have adequate insurance before you travel
- This itinerary is subject to change and may be reversed without prior notice according to weather, museum closing days, daily events or other unforeseen circumstances
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1