Landmannalaugar Pearl of the Highlands – Hiking & Bathing Tour
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered in: English
- Duration: 12 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- This tour operates June to September 2020
- Children from the age of 12 - 17 pay a reduced rate
- Children from the age of 0 - 11 are free of charge
- Pick-up servicePick up from your centrally located accommodation in Reykjavik
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Experience the spectacular Landmannalaugar area
- Soak in natural geothermal springs
- Travel through a volcanic landscape of incredible colours
- Get up close to the beautiful Hjálparfoss waterfall
- Hnausapollur crater lake
- Take in the peaceful Iceland countryside
The Landmannalaugar area is one of Iceland‘s grandest and most photographed destination.
Located in the central Iceland highland, this mountainous region is renowned for its array of colours resulting from the volcanic activity, warm springs, clear blue lakes and spectacular hiking trails.
The Landmannalaugar tour takes you from Reykjavik up to the interior highlands of Iceland to Landmannalaugar area, often referred to as “The Pearl of the Central Highlands”.
The Picturesque Hjálparfoss Waterfall
Travelling through the beautiful countryside of southern Iceland and into Þjórsárdalur valley, you get the chance to explore Hjálparfoss waterfall, one of Iceland's most picturesque waterfalls.
Stunning Scenery of Hnausapollur Crater Lake
From Hjálparfoss waterfall the route to Landmannalaugar takes you into the highlands and the next stop at Hnausapollur crater lake where turquoise blue water, black and red volcanic pumice and vegetated brims create a stunning scenery.
Landmannalaugar - The Pearl of the Highlands
Arriving in Landmannalaugar, the dramatic display of light, colours and rock formations will líkely keep you and your camera busy for a while, but you can opt to go for a 2 hour guided hike into the colourful hills surrounding Landmannalaugar and afterwards enjoy a relaxing bath in a natural warm spring.
Back on the road from Landmannalaugar to Reykjavik, the tour passes by Mt. Hekla, one of Iceland’s most formidable and infamous volcanoes.
- Complimentary pick up and drop off for hotels, guesthouses and bus stops
- Round-trip transportation
- Professional tour guide
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Optional Gratuities
- Pick up from hotels, guesthouses and designated bus stops starts 30 minutes before the tour departure time stated on your voucher. Check in at Gray Line Bus Terminal is 15 minutes before the tour departure time stated on your voucher.
- Hiking in Landmannalagar may involve changes in elevation and walk over rocky or uneven trails
- Bring a bathing suit and a towel if you want to take a dip into the Landmannalaugar natural warm spring