South Coast & Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered in: English
- Duration: 14 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from hotels, guesthouses and designated bus stops in Reykjavik available.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Journey across a landscape of striking contrasts
- Getting up close to picturesque waterfalls
- Spectacular scenery of Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon
- Views of Europe's largest ice cap, Vatnajökull glacier
Travel along the south coast of Iceland to the breathtaking Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon. South Iceland is lined with natural treasures including the iconic Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss waterfalls and offers magnificent views of glaciers, volcanoes, rivers, and the pitch black volcanic sand coastline.
On this tour, you will travel along Iceland's South Coast on the narrow strip of lush farmland that cuts between mountains, glaciers, and the vast Atlantic Ocean. The journey includes stops at natural treasures including the iconic Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss waterfalls, views of Skaftafell National Park, Diamond beach and Vatnajökull glacier to name but a few.
Passing the southern edge of the mighty Vatnajökull Glacier roughly midway between Reykjavik and Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon offers magnificent views of glaciers, rivers and endless plains of sand. Vatnajökull Glacier National Park stretches over an area of 14,000 square km, or roughly 10 times the size of London.
Packed with icebergs in various shades of white and blue, the extraordinary scenery at Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon is sure to take your breath away. Various bird species can be seen feeding in and around the lagoon and seals are a fairly common sight both at the mouth of the lagoon and at the seaside beach.
- Complimentary pick up and drop off for hotels, guesthouses and bus stops
- Round-trip transportation
- Professional tour guide
- Any expense of personal nature
- The glacier lagoon boat tour is an optional addition to this tour. You can get in touch to discuss adding this to your tour. Please note that from October through to April, boat tours on the lagoon are suspended due to high volumes of icebergs.