The Pearl of the Highlands Landmannalaugar
No matter what time of year it is, a journey to Landmannalaugar is always amazing. You see multicoloured rhyolite mountains known for dramatic lighting and array of colours, including yellow, pink, fluorescent green and purple, brown, black and white.
The area offers several shorter hikes in this stunning scenery, giving you a spectacular view of everything Landmannalaugar has to offer.
You will also be stunned by old lava fields, inactive explosion craters, waterfalls and the unforgettable hot pool, so don’t forget your bathing suits and towel.
On a clear day, Mt. Hekla will show herself to you. She is the most active volcano in Iceland and since the time of settlement, around 1000 years ago, Mt. Hekla has erupted numerous times blanketing Iceland with thick layers of ash and pumice.
It is no wonder that early settlers in Iceland believed Mt. Hekla to be the gateway to hell! In the past few decades Mt. Hekla has erupted roughly every ten years, the last one in the year 2000, so she is slightly overdue!
- Mt Hekla
- Nature reserve
- Geothermal pool
- Super Truck
- Scheduling: Goodman Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 11 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Price is for a group with a maximum number of 8 people
- Pick-up serviceSuper Truks and coaches are not allowed in the city center, so we may have to ask you to walk a short distance from your hotel
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- English speaking Driver guide
- Free WIFI
- Water bottle
- Super Truck day
- A stop will be made where you can purchase lunch Jeans are not suitable clothing; water proof jacket and shoes and a warm sweater are recommended. If you want to take a dip in the warm pool in Landmannalaugar, remember your bathing suit and towel. Any use of soap is strictly forbidden in the pool