Soul Purification Journey to Tirta Empul Temple
Tirta Empul temple is a Hindu Balinese water temple located near the town of Tampaksiring, Bali, Indonesia. The temple compound consists of a Petirtaan or bathing structure, famous for its holy spring water, where Balinese Hindus go to for ritual purification. The temple pond has a spring which gives out fresh water regularly, which Balinese Hindus consider to be holy or Amritha. Tirta Empul means Holy Spring in Balinese.
Tirta Empul Temple was founded around a large water spring in 962 A.D. during the Warmadewa dynasty (10th-14th centuries). The name of the temple comes from the groundwater source named "Tirta Empul". The spring is the source of the Pakerisan river.
The temple is divided into three sections: Jaba Pura (front yard), Jaba Tengah (central yard) and Jeroan (inner yard).
Jaba Tengah contains 2 pools with 30 showers which are named accordingly: Pengelukatan, Pebersihan and Sudamala dan Pancuran Cetik (poison).
The temple is dedicated to Vishnu, another Hindu god name for the supreme consciousness Narayana. On a hill overlooking the temple, a modern villa was built for President Sukarno's visit in 1954. The villa is currently a rest house for distinguished guests.
- Visit Tirta Empul Temple where Balinese Hindus got for ritual purification
- Be purified with the holy spring water
- Scheduling: Semi-Goodman Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 5 to 6 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking
- Not recommended for children under 4 years of age
- Free pick up & drop off in area: Ubud, Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Nusa Dua, Jimbaran, Sanur, Tuban, Gianyar & Canggu
- Pick-up serviceFree hotel pick up & drop off area; Ubud, Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Nusa Dua, Jimbaran, Canggu, Sanur & Denpasar
- Disability ServicesNot wheelchair accessible.
- Easy CancellationCancel on the day of the activity and you will be charged 100% | Not Refundable
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Pick up from your hotel and drop off
- Friendly English speaking Tour-driver
- Air conditioned private car (No other guest joint in car)
- Tax & Service charge
- Temple Entrance Tickets
- Local Donation & Ritribution
- Lunch in Ubud area or Local restaurant surround Tampak Siring
- Shower facility
- Sarong rental
- TIP to tour guide
- Toll road fees
- Personal expenses
- We are not responsible for any loss or damage to personal property during the activity
- Please wear appropriate clothing
- This is a semi private tour
- In case the tour has to be cancelled due to weather conditions you will not be refunded