North Sumatran Orangutan and Jungle Trekking
We will drive you in the hustle of highway traffic that leads to Binjai with views of ricefield, palm trees, tall pine and cedar trees. Lunch at Bukit Lawang Bukit Lawang is located in a small village located along Bahorok River and bordered by the dense vertical-rising jungle of Gunung Leuser National Park, a sanctuary for Sumatran orangutan.
After lunch, cross the river as we and the local ranger escort you into the jungle. As you walk under the canopy of the rain forest with some steep descent and ascents, you will likely to encounter the orangutan in their natural habitat. Known for their distinctive red fur, orangutans are the largest arboreal mammal, spending most of their time in trees.
Long, powerful arms and grasping hands and feet allow them to move through the branches. These great apes share 96.4% of our genes and are highly intelligent creatures. Also found in Borneo, Sumatran orangutans have longer facial hair and have closer social bonds than their Bornean cousins.
Spot other animals including the endemic graceful dark grey & cream Thomas’ leaf monkey and the more prosaic long tailed macaque, and various tropical plants with its floral life including a tangle of enormous trees, twisting lianas, palms, ferns, forest moss and gigantic fig trees decorate the jungle.
Return to the village and drive back to Medan with a view of vast rubber and palm oil plantation along the way
- Meet the orangutan as you trek through the jungle by Bukit Lawang village
- Free pick up and drop off from select hotels in Medan City
- Private air-conditioned vehicle
- Scheduling: Goodman Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 12 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from hotels in Medan City.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Bottled water and wet tissue
- Entrance and parking fees
- English-speaking guide (other language is subject to surcharge and availability)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off in Medan city
- Private air-conditioned transportation
- Video recorder fee, paid directly at National Park office
- Other services not clearly indicated in the inclusions
- Items of personal nature ( tipping, souvenir)
- Food, drinks other than mentioned
- Please include your hotel name and address when making your booking.
- No refunds will be made if guests do not participate in certain service included in the package