10 Days Private Tour of the Best Sights in Turkey
Experience the scope of Turkey’s fantastic history, stunning landscape, coast, and culture on this magnificent 10-day private tour.
You can choose your accommodation independently to suit your needs and take domestic flights between Istanbul, Cappadocia, Ephesus, Didyma, and Bodrum that are included in the price and see the highlights in each destination learning about each place as you go from a professional guide.
While on the ground, travel comfortably in an air-conditioned minivan visiting some of the best sights that Turkey has to offer including all the sights in Istanbul, Pamukkale, Cappadocia and Ephesus.
Explore some of the best highlights of Turkey and see some of the amazing places of history and stunning landscape that this beautiful country has to offer. Throughout your trip, you’ll visit Istanbul’s highlights, including Hagia Sofia and cruise between two continents on a Bosphorus cruise.
Visit the magical and mesmerising Cappadocia and see the stunning landscape of the fairy chimneys and tour the Kaymaklı Underground City, one of the most interesting underground settlements in Cappadocia. Also, visit the world-famous Goreme Open Air Museum and witness the best examples of Byzantine art that are in Cappadocia in rock-cut churches with frescoes and paintings (10th to 13th century).
You will venture to the UNESCO-listed Ephesus where you will see one of the worlds best-preserved ancient site and see where Virgin Mary spent her final days at the House of the Virgin Mary. Get to experience Temple of Artemis one of the seven wonders of the ancient world. Also, go to the charming village of Sirince where you can do some wine tasting.
Visit Priene was an important city in ancient times because here is where the Panionium stood, which was the central meeting place and sanctuary of the Ionian Confederacy. Miletus was the principal port and the wealthiest imperium on the Aegean coast. Didyma was once an ancient Ionian city and now known as Didim. The town was formed just outside of the sanctuary containing a temple and oracle of Apollo, the Didymaion. Didyma was a neighbour of Miletus.
Visit the awe-inspiring pure white travertines of Pamukkale and take a dip in the Cleopatras pool where you can see the fallen columns below. The travertine terraces at Pamukkale are one of the most spectacular natural wonders that you are able to see from various mineral springs in a vast white cliffside. Also, see the ruins of Hierapolis.
- Explore Istanbul with its many sights including Topkapi Palace, the Blue Mosque and the Grand Bazaar
- Take a Bosphorus cruise in Istanbul that separates Europe and Asia
- See the mysterious landscape of cappadocia, visit an underground city and explore the Goreme Museum
- Explore the ancient city of Ephesus one of the best-preserved ruins in the world
- Visit Priene, Miletus and Didyma which are ruins on the Aegean coast
- See the pure white travertines at Pamukkale and the ruins of Hierapolis
- Scheduling: Private
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Italian
- Duration: 10 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from Istanbul Airport
- CancellationYou can cancel your tour 7 days prior to the travel date with a full refund except for the domestic flights which are non-refundable.
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. Please note we reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Breakfast and lunch
- Domestic Flights ( Istanbul-Cappadocia, Cappadocia-Izmir and Bodrum-Istanbul)
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
Once you arrive at Istanbul Airport, you will be met by your private driver and transferred to your Hotel in Istanbul for the rest of the day at your leisure.
Your private guide will meet you, and you will have an Old City walking tour of Istanbul where you will get to visit Topkapi Palace, Haghia Sophia, Hippodrome, Blue Mosque and the Grand Bazaar. Overnight stay in Istanbul.
Today you will visit the Istanbul Archaeology Museum and Basilica Cistern.
You will then take a Bosphorus boat trip and take in all the fantastic sights on offer and then take in all the aromas of the Spice Market where you can purchase every herb and spice you can imagine. Overnight in Istanbul.
Today you will transfer to Istanbul Airport to fly to Cappadocia and take a Cappadocia tour:
Our first stop is Esentepe, followed by a visit to Uchisar Castle. We then visit the great Goreme Open Air Museum (Dark Church is inside of Goreme) and the Zelve Open-air Museum.
Afterwards, we will visit the magical landscape of the fairy chimneys of Pasabag and Devrent Valley and an overnight stay in Cappadocia.
Early in the morning, you have the option to take a hot-air balloon ride (own expense) to see the sunrise on the mystical place.
Then later in the morning, we will head to Pigeon Valley and Red Valley. After visiting some cave churches, we then head to Kaymakli underground city, a maze over eight levels.
Afterwards, we visit Cavusin village, Sinasos and finally the town of Avanos where we learn about hand-made pottery. Overnight stay in Cappadocia.
In the morning you will have a private transfer to Kayseri airport and fly to Izmir Airport. Then transfer to Kusadasi for the rest of your day at leisure and stay overnight.
Today you will have a tour of Ephesus and see how this city has resurrected, Virgin Mary`s House where it is claimed she spent her final days and the ruins of Temple of Artemis that is one of the seven wonders of the ancient world.
Your lunch will be in a local house in the charming Sirince village set in the mountains where you will meet with a local villager and taste her food in her home.
Drive back to Kusadasi for an overnight in Kusadasi.
You will visit the ancient Greek city of Priene from the 4th cent B.C before driving to Miletos and visit this Roman City. The temple of Apollo is one of the best-preserved temples in the world. After lunch, you will drive to Bodrum and stay overnight.
In the morning we will drive to Aphrodisias, the city of Aphrodite; after your visit to this well preserved ancient city, you will drive 1 more hour to Pamukkale for Pamukkale and Hierapolis sightseeing where you will have chance to swim in the ancient pool where Cleopatra swam during her visit to this ancient site and see the pure white travertines of Pamukkale.
Transfer to Denizli airport for Istanbul flight and transfer to your Hotel in Istanbul.
Depending on your flight time we will pick you up from your hotel and take you to Istanbul Airport
- This tour does not include accommodation so you can choose what hotel you want or if you advise we can book your accommodation at a supplement
- Please wear appropriate clothing while visiting any religious sites
- Please apply suncream in the summer months
- Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes while on any of the tours
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1