3-Day Tour to Cappadocia and Ephesus from Istanbul with Return Flights
Turkey is a big country, that is jam-packed with many diverse regions, which makes it a compelling place. This tour will make sure you don’t waste any time while enjoying 4-star accommodations.
Your fantastic 3-day tour kicks off with a flight from Istanbul to Kayseri where you will go into the moonscape of Cappadocia, for a brilliant introduction to the otherworldly region. Millions of years ago volcanic ash spat into the atmosphere, only to fall and cover the earth with layers of ash that solidified. It was then carved out by the wind, floodwater, and rain that formed the lunar-like landscape you can see today.
See the Göreme Open-Air Museum, Kaymakli Underground City and Cappadocia's Rose Valley where you have the option for a sunrise hot air balloon tour.
After seeing Cappadocia’s highlights, you will then travel to Ephesus, which is steeped in Turkey’s ancient history. You will get an opportunity to visit the Temple of Artemis, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world. Walk in the footsteps of the local people while you visit Marble Street, Library of Celsus to name a few of the many things you can see while in this ancient city and is probably one of Turkey's best-preserved ruins.
- Save time on traveling between different regions as domestic flights are included
- Visit Cappadocia's UNESCO-listed Göreme Open-Air Museum, Ortahisar Castle, Kaymakli Underground City and other sites
- Have the option to take an early morning hot air balloon ride over Cappadocia (extra charge)
- Relive the footsteps of the local people at the archeological site at Ephesus and visit the House of the Virgin Mary
- Enjoy 4-star accommodation in a boutique cave hotel in Cappadocia and a centrally located hotel in Izmir
- Scheduling: Private
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Dutch, Japanese
- Duration: 3 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- This tour is only available from the age of 12
- Pick-up servicePickup from your Hotel in Istanbul
- CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. Please note we reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Admission fees
- All flights
- Professional guide
- Meals as per itinerary
- Hotel pickup and hotel or airport drop-off
- 2 nights of accommodation
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Food and drink that are not specified
Start your tour with a hotel pickup from central Istanbul and travel to the Airport in time for your flight. Board the plane on your own, and relax on the 1.5-hour flight southeast to Kayseri, a city deep in mainland Turkey.
On arrival, meet your guide who will take you to your transfer and travel a little further into Cappadocia to see its wondrous sights.
Your first stop is Göreme Open-Air Museum, a UNESCO World Heritage site, home to the fairy chimneys and a collection of rocky monuments that attest to Byzantine days in Cappadocia.
Explore with your guide, and then continue to the small town of Avanos, which is famous for its pottery production. After a quick look around the pretty town, enjoy a stop nearby in Pasabag (Monk’s Valley), and take a walk through the area’s cone-like rocks to see where monks and hermits once lived in isolated seclusion.
Continue travelling through Dervent Valley, where the fairy chimneys pepper the landscape and then travel back to your hotel in Cappadocia in time for dinner.
Spend the morning at your own time and enjoy breakfast in your hotel, meet with the guide mid-morning for another tour of Cappadocia.
Begin with a walk through Rose Valley, a gorgeous stretch of land which gets its name from its red-hued rock. Inbetween the villages of Göreme and Çavuşin, the valley is dotted with rock-carved churches and tunnels, where your guide will show you the best ones as you walk. Finish up in Çavuşin where you will see its cave mosque before enjoying some free time for lunch (own expense).
Hop aboard your transport and continue your tour to the town of Ortahisar where you will see its crowning glory, Ortahisar Castle. Pose for photos by the unique rock fortress before travelling to Kaymakli Underground City, one of Cappadocia’s best-preserved sites.
Discover its maze of passages where you will see underground stables and cellars and learn about the early Christians who hid here to escape persecution.
Return to your transport, pass through Pigeon Valley before returning to your hotel. Check out late afternoon, and travel to Kayseri Airport for your 90 minutes evening flight to Izmir.
Arrive at Izmir Airport on your own, and enjoy a transfer to your hotel. You will receive a late-evening meal of sandwiches laid on by the hotel and enjoy a good night’s sleep before you continue your tour the following day.
Have breakfast in your hotel before travelling to Ephesus where an important archaeological site that is one of Europe’s best-preserved ancient cities awaits.
Explore the ruins on a walking tour where you will see sights such as the Temple of Hadrian, a monument built to celebrate Emperor Hadrian’s visits to the city.
Enjoy lunch in the main town of Selcuk (own expense), before travelling to the House of the Virgin Mary, a site that is believed to be where the Virgin Mary spent her last days.
Wander around the chapel and hear about its history as a place of pilgrimage.
Finally, return to your transport and travel back to your hotel to check out. Your 3-day tour finishes with a drop-off at the Izmir airport, for your flight back to Istanbul.
- If travelling in the Summer months please make sure to apply suncream
- Please make sure you wear suitable clothing when visiting any religious sites
- All guests names must be as they are written on their passports. Guests will be held responsible for any losses if names are informed wrong
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1