5-Day Istanbul and Cappadocia Tour with a Hot Air Balloon Flight
Explore two great cities on this fantastic 5-day tour of Turkey from Istanbul to Cappadocia. This incredible experience includes hotel accommodation, guided Sightseeing tours and an unforgettable Hot Air Balloon flight.
Tick off UNESCO-listed attractions in the melting-pot capital where you will travel comfortably between sights.
In Istanbul have a Byzantine Relics tours where you will get to see St. Sophia, which is an ancient basilica built by Constantine the Great in the 4th century. Visit Sultanahmet Imperial Mosque, which is built in the 16th century and known as Blue Mosque due to its fascinating interior decoration of blue Iznik tiles.
You will also explore the Hippodrome which was was the sporting and social centre of Constantinople and where the Gladiators once fought. Then it will be on to the maze of the Grand Bazaar where you can buy some traditional Turkish goods for yourself or as gifts for your friends and family.
In Cappadocia, you’ll soar over the fairytale landscape on a one-of-a-kind hot air balloon ride, and sample tasty home-cooked Turkish treats. Also, visit the Goreme open air Museum and Pasabag, which is famous for the mushroom-shaped fairy chimneys.
- Sample tasty Turkish meals in local restaurants, and get a taste of home-cooked village specialities
- Enjoy a Byzantine Relics tour in Istanbul including the Hippodrome and the Blue Mosque
- Visit Pasabag famous for the mushroom-shaped fairy chimneys with double and triple rock caps
- Watch a live pottery demonstration in Avanos town and you can even have a go yourself
- Soar over Cappadocia’s unique lunar terrain during a panoramic sunrise flight in a hot air balloon
- Visit the famous Derinkuyu underground city the deepest of the discovered underground cities in Cappadocia
- Scheduling: Private
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Japanese
- Duration: 5 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- If the balloon gets cancelled due to weather or technical issues we will replace with another tour
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel or airport in Istanbul
- CancellationYou can cancel your tour 7 days prior to the travel date with a full refund except for the domestic flights which are non-refundable.
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. Please note we reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Meals as stated in the itinerary
- Sightseeing Tours mentioned on the itinerary
- Airport transfers
- All accommodation
- Domestic return flights between Istanbul and Cappadocia
- Professional guide
- Cappadocia Hot Air Balloon flight
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
On your arrival at Ataturk airport, our driver will welcome you with a sign with your names written on who will transfer you to your hotel.
After breakfast, you will get picked up in the morning and head directly to St. Sophia which is an ancient basilica built by Constantine the Great in the 4th century and reconstructed by Justinian in the 6th century a magnificent and eye-catching building.
The second site we visit is Sultanahmet Imperial Mosque, which was built in the 16th century and known as Blue Mosque due to its fascinating interior decoration of blue Iznik tiles.
Hippodrome is the next place to visit, which was once a circus and was the sporting and social centre of Constantinople, capital of the Byzantine Empire.
After you will move on to the Grand Covered Bazaar, undoubtedly one of the best markets in the world in terms of age and dimension.
You will have an early morning hotel pick-up for your flight from Istanbul to Cappadocia. Once you arrive in Cappadocia, you will meet your guide where you will see the main attractions of Cappadocia.
Visit Pasabag famous for the mushroom-shaped fairy chimneys with double and triple rock caps. Explore the lunar landscape at Devrent Valley where you will enjoy a tasty lunch at a local Turkish restaurant and continue to the to Goreme open-air Museum where you will visit numerous rock-cut churches with incredible paintings on the walls and ceiling.
Then drive to the old Greek vıillage Cavusin, watch live pottery demonstration in Avanos town and enjoy spectacular views of Uchisar castle.
Early in the morning, you will enjoy a memorable hot air balloon ride over scenic Cappadocia a once-in-a-lifetime and an unforgettable experience.
Come back to your hotel and enjoy some breakfast before been picked up from the hotel for a Green Tour in Cappadocia.
Visit the famous Derinkuyu underground city the deepest of the discovered underground cities in Cappadocia reaching the depth of about 85 meters and this multi-level underground city could accommodate about 20 000 people.
After Derinkuyu explore the landscape of Ihlara Valley and Melendiz river. Ihlara valley is an amazing 14 km long gorge made of the same soft volcanic rock found throughout Cappadocia. Walk through the vineyards and pistachio trees and enjoy relaxing sounds of flowing water, observing the rich fauna of this area.
After hiking you will be ready for a delicious lunch at a restaurant over the Melendiz river consisting of traditional Turkish foods cooked by the locals.
The last place to visit is the Selime Monastery an amazing massive fairy chimney and a must-see place while you are visiting Cappadocia because of its sheer size and exciting structure.
You will depart Cappadocia and catch a flight to Istanbul. You can then catch your international flight or extend your holiday.
- Please make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes while sightseeing
- Please wear appropriate clothing while visiting any religious places
- All names must match exactly as shown on your passport
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1