5 Day Tour from Istanbul to Gallipoli, Troy, Pergamon, Pamukkale and Ephesus
Travel through the western part of Anatolia’s and see the main highlights on a 5-day tour departing from Istanbul.
On this tour, you will visit Gallipoli the battlefield from World War I, Ari Burnu, Brighton Beach, and ANZAC Cove graveyards. Also, visit Lonepine Australian Memorial and Cemetery. See the tunnels used during World War I and the trenches at the Johnstons Jolly. Visit the New Zealand memorial and cemetery.
This multi-day tour also visits the Legendary city of Troy, with a replica of the famous wooden horse that you can climb to take photos. The city of Ancient Troy was built at a strategic point on the Dardanelle strait, which connects the Aegean Sea with the Black Sea. Troy forms a basis for Homer’s Iliad, written some 500 years after the Trojan War. Ancient Troy also holds a unique position in history, literature and archaeology.
Visit the awe-inspiring pure white travertines of Pamukkale and take a dip in the Cleopatras pool where you can see the fallen columns below. The travertine terraces at Pamukkale are definitely one of the most stunning natural wonders that you can witness from various mineral springs in a vast white cliffside. Also, see the ruins of Hierapolis.
You will venture to the UNESCO-listed Ephesus where you will see one of the worlds best-preserved ancient sites. See where Virgin Mary spent her final days at the House of the Virgin Mary and get to experience the Temple of Artemis one of the seven wonders of the ancient world.
This tour is inclusive of accommodation, breakfast and lunch, transportation and a flight from Izmir to Istanbul!
- Pay your respects to the fallen heroes of the Gallipoli battlefield as well as World War I monuments.
- Visit The enchanting city of Troy a historic place with it's the cultural treasures.
- Be welcomed by the city Pergamon, meaning castle, is Acropolis.
- Admire the otherworldly landscape at Pamukkale, which means Cotton Palace.
- See the ruins of Hierapolis,an ancient city that grew up around the springs
- Explore the Ancient City of Ephesus
- Visit the virgin mary house a typical Roman architectural example, entirely made of stones.
- Scheduling: Private
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Dutch, Japanese
- Duration: 5 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up form your Istanbul Hotel
- CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. Please note we reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- 4 nights accommodation
- professional local guide
- Meals as per itinerary
- pickup and drop-off
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
After pick up, we drive to Gallipoli Battlefield, Eceabat, Canakkale Province, Turkish Aegean Coast. Here we will explore the following sights;
- Brighton Beach
- Beach Cemetery
- Cemetery ANZAC Cove
- Ariburnu Cemetery
- ANZAC Commemoration Site
- Lone Pine Australian Memorial
- Johnston's Jolly (Turkish & Allied trenches & tunnels)
- 57th Regiment Turkish Memorial
- The Nek Chunuk Bair
- New Zealand Memorial
Day 2 After breakfast pick up from the hotel and see the city of Troy (Truva), Canakkale. We will visit:
- Ruins of Troy
- The Trojan Horse
- Helen of Troy
- The Trojan Wars
- The battle between Achilles and Paris
- Sacrificial Altars
- The 3700-year-old city walls
- Houses of Troy I
- The Bouleterium (Senate Building)
- The Odeon (Concert Hall)
- Current excavations in progress
After lunch, we drive to Pergamon Antik Kenti, Bergama, Izmir Province. There we stop at :
- Pergamon Acropolis
- The Library once held 200.000 books and Trojan
- Temple of Trajan
- Altar of Zeus ( Now at BERLIN MUSEUM )
- The Hellenistic Theater with a seating capacity of 10,000
- Temple of Dionysus
On Day 3 we will depart after breakfast to Hierapolis and Pamukkale. After Hierapolis we will Admire the beautiful white terraces at Pamukkale:
- North Gate of Pamukkale (Hierapolis)
- Necropolis-The biggest ancient cemeteries in Anatolia with 1.200 graves
- Roman Bath
- Domitian Gate
- Main Street
- Byzantium Gate
- Thermal Pools
After an early breakfast, we are off to see the ancient City of Ephesus, Selcuk, Izmir Province. At Ephesus, you will learn about its rich history of:
- The Odeon
- The Fountain of Pollio
- Temple of Hadrian
- Library of Celsus
- The Temple of Domitian
- Marble Street
- The Theater
The second stop of this day is at the House of the Virgin Mary (or Meryem Ana Evias they say in Turkish) and is a place where, according to the beliefs of many people Mary, the mother of Jesus, spent the last years of her life.
On the last of this tour, we depart after breakfast to Kusadasi Port.
There we will transfer you to Izmir airport for your departure flight to Istanbul.
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Please wear appropriate clothing when entering any religious places
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1