7-Day Istanbul and Cappadocia Tour with a Hot Air Balloon Flight
Explore two great cities on this fantastic 7-day tour of Turkey from Istanbul to Cappadocia. This incredible experience includes hotel accommodation, guided Sightseeing tours and an unforgettable Hot Air Balloon flight.
Tick off UNESCO-listed attractions in the melting-pot capital where you will travel comfortably between sights.
In Istanbul have a Byzantine Relics tours where you will get to see St. Sophia, which is an ancient basilica built by Constantine the Great in the 4th century. Visit Sultanahmet Imperial Mosque, which was built in the 16th century and is known as the Blue Mosque due to its fascinating interior decoration of blue Iznik tiles.
You will also explore the Hippodrome which was was the sporting and social centre of Constantinople and where the Gladiators once fought. Then it will be on to the maze of the Grand Bazaar where you can buy some traditional Turkish goods for yourself or as gifts for your friends and family.
In Cappadocia, you’ll soar over the fairytale landscape on a one-of-a-kind hot air balloon ride, and sample tasty home-cooked Turkish treats. Also, visit the Goreme open-air Museum and Pasabag, which is famous for the mushroom-shaped fairy chimneys.
You will also get to experience a camel ride and the Whirling Dervishes show in Cappadocia.
- See the traditional Whirling Dervishes show in Cappadocia
- Experience a camel ride in the landscape of Cappadocia
- Sample tasty Turkish meals in local restaurants, and get a taste of home-cooked village specialities
- Enjoy a Byzantine Relics tour in Istanbul including the Hippodrome and the Blue Mosque
- Visit Pasabag famous for the mushroom-shaped fairy chimneys with double and triple rock caps
- Watch a live pottery demonstration in Avanos town and you can even have a go yourself
- Soar over Cappadocia’s unique lunar terrain during a panoramic sunrise flight in a hot air balloon
- Visit the famous Derinkuyu underground city the deepest of the discovered underground cities in Cappadocia
- Scheduling: Private
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French
- Duration: 7 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- If the balloon gets cancelled due to weather or technical issues we will replace with another tour
- Pick-up servicePick up from the airport in Istanbul
- CancellationYou can cancel your tour 7 days prior to the travel date with a full refund except for the domestic flights which are non-refundable.
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. Please note we reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Meals as stated in the itinerary
- Sightseeing Tours mentioned on the itinerary
- Airport transfers
- All accommodation
- Domestic return flights between Istanbul and Cappadocia
- Professional guide
- Cappadocia Hot Air Balloon flight
- Personal Expenses
- Other services not mentioned
On your arrival at Istanbul airport, our driver will welcome you with a sign with your names written on who will then transfer you to your hotel.
After breakfast, you will be picked up in the morning and head directly to St. Sophia which is an ancient basilica built by Constantine the Great in the 4th century and reconstructed by Justinian in the 6th century. It is a magnificent and eye-catching building.
The second site we will visit is the Sultanahmet Imperial Mosque, which was built in the 16th century and is known as the Blue Mosque due to its fascinating interior decoration of blue Iznik tiles.
Hippodrome is the next place we will visit, which was once a circus and was the sporting and social centre of Constantinople, capital of the Byzantine Empire.
Afterwards, you will move on to the Grand Covered Bazaar, undoubtedly one of the best markets in the world in terms of age and dimension.
You will have an early morning hotel pick-up for your flight from Istanbul to Cappadocia. Once you arrive in Cappadocia, you will meet your guide and you will see the main attractions of Cappadocia.
Visit Pasabag famous for the mushroom-shaped fairy chimneys with double and triple rock caps. Explore the lunar landscape at Devrent Valley where you will enjoy a tasty lunch at a local Turkish restaurant. Then continue to the to Goreme open-air Museum where you will visit numerous rock-cut churches with incredible paintings on the walls and ceiling.
Then drive to the old Greek vıillage Cavusin, watch live pottery demonstration in Avanos town and enjoy spectacular views of Uchisar castle.
Camel riding is the most famous oriental activity in Cappadocia. It shows you the culture in ancient time, tradition, lifestyle, endemic flora and fauna in Cappadocia. Also, different rock formations, landscapes are seen.
This activity has different time and durations. We have sunrise riding, sunset riding and also day time riding. When you book this activity, you can see both sunrise and sunset hot air balloon rides from Red valley, Rose valley and Meskendir valley. Also in the day time, you can see all the valleys, rock formations and other magical sights.
The camel farm provides you with local and traditional clothes, free time to take photos, guiding services, and pick up/drop off services from your hotel in Cappadocia.
Early in the morning, you will enjoy a memorable hot air balloon ride over scenic Cappadocia a once-in-a-lifetime and an unforgettable experience.
Come back to your hotel and enjoy some breakfast before being picked up from the hotel for a Green Tour in Cappadocia.
Visit the famous Derinkuyu Underground City, the deepest of the discovered underground cities in Cappadocia reaching the depth of about 85 meters and this multi-level underground city could accommodate about 20 000 people.
After Derinkuyu explore the landscape of Ihlara Valley and Melendiz river. Ihlara valley is an amazing 14 km long gorge made of the same soft volcanic rock found throughout Cappadocia. Walk through the vineyards and pistachio trees and enjoy relaxing sounds of flowing water, observing the rich fauna of this area.
After hiking you will be ready for a delicious lunch at a restaurant over the Melendiz river consisting of traditional Turkish foods cooked by the locals.
The last place to visit is the Selime Monastery, an amazing massive fairy chimney and a must-see place while you are visiting Cappadocia because of its sheer size and exciting structure.
Get some free time in Cappadocia or just relax in your hotel.
In the evening enjoy a traditional Whirling Dervishes show.
We will take you from your Cappadocia hotel in the evening for the whirling dervishes ceremony with an air-conditioned vehicle.
The Whirling Dervishes performances takes place at an old caravanserai from 1249 AD, so watching this 760 years old dance in this old building from that time makes it so much more meaningful.
The ceremony takes approximately 1 hour, and you can not clap or take the pictures during the ceremony, but at the end of the ceremony, there is a 2 minutes allocation for them.
When the ceremony is finished, we will then we will transfer you back to your hotel.
Depending on your flight time, we will drive you to the airport for your domestic flight to Istanbul.
- Please make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes while sightseeing
- Please wear appropriate clothing while visiting any religious places
- All names must match exactly as shown on your passport
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1