Best of Istanbul and Cappadocia 6 Days Private Tour
This is a fantastic 6-day tour where you will get to see some fabulous sites in the beautiful country of Turkey. You will have a professional guide throughout the tour with flights and accommodation included.
You will see all the main sights in Istanbul, including the beautiful Haghia Sophia, the Sultanahmet Imperial Mosque and the Topkapi Palace. You will also get to shop for all your holiday souvenirs in the biggest covered market in Europe, the Grand Bazaar.
You will then take a Bosphorus cruise Tour which includes a relaxing cruise along the Bosphorus that separates Europe and Asia. You will also get to see Bosphorus Bridge and Camlica Hill. Visit Beylerbeyi Palace built in white marble by Sultan Abdulaziz in the 19th century and served as a summer residence to the subsequent Sultans and guest house for foreign dignitaries. You will also take in all the aromatic flavours at the Spice Bazaar where you can purchase some to take home with you.
Visit the mesmerising Cappadocia with its stunning landscape of the Fairy Chimneys, rock formations and the underground city, which is a labyrinth of houses. You could also choose to do a once in a lifetime hot air balloon (extra charge).
Explore the Goreme open-air museum which is recognised by UNESCO as a medieval monastic complex. Visit the famous “Devrent Valley (Imagination Valley) and “Pasabagi” (or Monk`s Valley). The Fairy chimneys in Devrent Valley resemble some animals and the hat of Napoleon Bonaparte. You will get to see the Three Beauties of Ürgüp and visit a Carpet Factory where you will find hand-made Anatolian Carpets.
- Visit some of the main sights of Istanbul including Topkapi Palace and the Blue Mosque and take a Bosphorus cruise
- Discover Derinkuyu underground city which is 3500 years old where you will go eight floors down
- Stop at Uçhisar Castle where you will learn about the history of Cappadocia
- Explore the Göreme Open Air Museum where you understand the influence of the religion(Christianity)
- Stop at Devrent Valley also known as Imagination Valley and see the magical Fairy Chimneys
- See and wonder at the Three Beauties of Ürgüp
- Scheduling: Private
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Italian
- Duration: 6 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from Istanbul Airport
- CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. Please note we reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Entrance fees
- Domestic flights
- Meals as stated in the itinerary
- All accommodation
- Transfers in a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide
- Other services not mentioned
- Meals not stated in the itinerary
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
Arrival at Istanbul Airport where a professional driver will meet you and transfer to the hotel for check-in and the rest of the day is at your leisure.
Explore Hagia Sophia which was initially built by Emperor Constantine in the 4th century, and then converted into a mosque sometime in the 15th century by the ottomans.
Go to the Topkapi Palace, once used by the Ottoman Sultans from the 15th to 19th centuries and see the magnificent collection of priceless jewels, silver, crystal, and porcelain, robes that were worn by the sultans and the relics of the prophet Mohammed. (Entrance to the Harem is extra).
We will visit the stunning Blue Mosque that was built for Sultan Ahmet I. The Blue Mosque is a unique piece of architecture with six minarets and features around 20,000 beautiful Iznik tiles.
See the Grand Covered Bazaar with its many shops perfect for your holiday souvenirs.
Visit the exotic Egyptian Spice Market located on the Golden Horn before boarding your cruise of the Bosphorus where the waterway separates the two continents Europe and Asia.
Pass by Rumeli fortress which was built by Mehmet the Conqueror in 1452, so he could prepare for his conquest of Istanbul.
Cross over the Bosphorus Bridge to Asia where you will visit Beylerbeyi Palace, which was once the summer address of the Ottoman Sultans, then on to Camlica Hill for a fantastic view of Istanbul.
Explore the famous Goreme Open Air Museum and see some of the best examples of Byzantine art that is in Cappadocia in rock-cut churches with frescoes and paintings (10th to 13th century). Continue to Uchisar Rock-Castle to have a panoramic view of the valleys of Cappadocia.
See the lunar landscape of Cappadocia with some rock formations beyond belief in Devrent valley, walk-in Pasabag near Zelve and wonder at the “fairy chimneys” where the sound of the wind mixes with the “songs of fairies”.
Visit Avanos which has been the centre of terra cotta work of art since around 3000 BC, and you will get a demonstration in a traditional pottery workshop.
You will be collected from your hotel after breakfast for a full-day tour of South Cappadocia. You will be able to see Kizilcukur, which is an isolated valley located behind Urgup. It features beautiful rock formation with some great hidden rock-carved churches.
The most exciting part of this area is the many tracks that connect the small villages and towns through gardens and vineyards like a spiders web. It is always possible to see the villagers working in the area and offering grapes, apples or apricots to you.
Explore Cavusin, one of the oldest settlements in the area, and can be found 2km from Goreme. The St.John the Baptist church offers a stunning panoramic view of the village, and the church with its paintings dating back to the 5th century, making it the oldest church in the area. It once had a large courtyard which is unusual for Cappadocia; however, this has been eroded.
Visit the Underground City, one of the largest and deepest of the 40 others in Cappadocia and have eight floors, although not all are open to the public.
Visit the pigeon houses and rock formations and see some magnificent landscape.
Transfer to Cappadocia Airport for a flight to Istanbul and overnight stay.
Transfer to Istanbul Airport to connect to your international flight.
- Please check if you need a visa to enter Turkey
- Make sure you have adequate insurance before you travel
- Flights tickets are e-tickets. Calculation is based on promotional class and rates are subject to change until ticketed. You will receive references to flight tickets after booking.
- This itinerary is subject to change and may be reversed without prior notice according to weather, museum closing days, daily events or other unforeseen circumstances
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1