Cradle of Civilizations 4-Day Tour
You will begin this 4- day Cradles of Civilizations Tour in Ankara where you will visit the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations and the mausoleum of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, the leader of the Turkish War of Independence.
Explore the rocky monoliths in Cappadocia, see the stunning landscapes of the Fairy Chimneys and check out the underground cities in Kaymakli. Visit the whirling dervishes in Konya and learn about their fascinating history before Scoping out the ancient cities in Hierapolis and Ephesus one of the best-preserved in the world.
Also, see where the Virgin Mary supposedly spent her final days as you weave through Turkey's hinterland on this 4-day adventure.
- Tours to the ancient sights and landmarks in Turkey's interior
- Explore the Anatolian Civilization and Ephesus Archaeological museums
- Visit the rock-carved cities in Kaymalki and Cappadocia's fairy chimneys
- Lessons on Sufism, mythology and centuries-old Silk Road trade
- Explore Hierapolis Greek and Roman ruins and thermal baths of Pamukkale
- Scheduling: Private
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Italian
- Duration: 4 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel in Istanbul
- CancellationYou can cancel your tour 7 days prior to the travel date with a full refund except for the domestic flights which are non-refundable.
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. Please note we reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Guided 4-day Tour of Ankara, Cappadocia, Pamukkale, and Ephesus
- Entrance fees
- 3 nights accommodation
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Domestic flights
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
Arrive in Ankara after a relaxing overnight bus from Istanbul and start your day at the exhibits of the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations where you will see displays featuring pieces from Paleolithic hunter-gatherers up to Byzantine-era traders.
Next, you will visit the mausoleum of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, that pays tribute to the leader of the Turkish War of Independence.
You will then continue onto Cappadocia where you will spend the night
Grab breakfast at your hotel before diving into the Devrent Valley to wander around the stunning fields of the rock formations known as “fairy chimneys.” Learn how volcanoes created these geological giants before visiting the open-air chapel and the frescoes of Göreme then end your day with an underground city tour of the rock-carved dwellings in Kaymakli.
Grab an early morning breakfast at the hotel before driving to Konya where you will brush up your knowledge of Sufism in Konya and see the spinning robes of whirling dervishes, and hear stories about the famous mystic Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rum while at the Mevlana Museum.
Then it is on to Pamukkale where you will enjoy dinner at your hotel and then turn in for the night.
After breakfast, you will visit the ancient city of Hierapolis, the ruins of the biggest Necropolis Graveyard of the ancient world, Roman Baths, Basilica and calcium cliffs.
Drive to Meryem Ana and visit the House of Virgin Mary and after lunch, you will continue to Ephesus, the Roman Capital of Asia Minor where you will visit the ruins of Odeon, Hercules Gate, the temple of Hadrian, the great library, Agora and the fantastic Greco-roman theatre.
Evening transfer to Izmir Airport for your flight to Istanbul.
- Please wear comfortable clothing and footwear
- Please dress appropriately when visiting any religious sites
- Please be ready in your hotel reception 15 minutes before your departure time
- Make sure your names match exactly as they appear on your passport
- Rooms will be allocated based on your group size
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1