Discover the mysterious Kars on a Private Tour from Istanbul
Ani has spectacular mosques, rustic Armenian churches and towering stone castles that will reward those who want to get off the beaten track.
Ani lies to the east of Kars, along the Arpaçay (Akhuryan) River, that forms the border with Armenia to the east. It then remained the chief city of Armenia until Mongol raided it in the 13th century and a devastating earthquake in 1319 sent it into an irreversible decline.
The proximity of this eerie ghost town to the border can place some restrictions on visitors, but the ruins of the mosques and several churches, together with the cathedral and the citadel, all inside city walls, are worth seeing on this mysterious tour to Kars.
- Get the personalized experience of a private tour
- Visit a city that most foreign tourists miss
- Travel comfortably in all-inclusive transportation
- Spend the night in a 4-star hotel in Kars
- Explore the spectacular mosques, rustic Armenian churches
- Enjoy a tour to the fabulous lake Cildir located on the Georgia and Armenia border of Turkey.
- Get a city tour of Kars and see the famous medieval castle
- Scheduling: Private
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Italian
- Duration: 2 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel in Istanbul
- CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. Please note we reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip Economy Class Air fares
- Overnight accommodation
- Breakfast and lunch
- Professional local guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Stop At: Kars Citadel and Kars centre
09:00 am Transfer from your hotel to the airport
12:25 pm Take a flight to Kars
14:35 am Arrival to Kars where you will be guided in city centrum and also the famous medieval Kars castle.
After the tour, you will be taken to your hotel for an overnight stay in Kars
All times given are approximate
Check out hotel by 09:00 am and enjoy a tour to the fabulous lake Cildir located on the Georgia and Armenia border of Turkey.
After hiking around the lake, you will then be taken to the Ani ruins, this ruined medieval Armenian city will captivate you.
After your Ani ruins tour you will have lunch in a local restaurant before been transferred to the airport for your flight back to Istanbul.
In Istanbul, we will take you back to your hotel.
- travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Names should match exactly as they appear on your passport
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1