Ephesus & Sirince Village Ultra Private Tour From Istanbul
To start this Ephesus private tour from Istanbul, you will be picked up from your hotel in Istanbul and be dropped off at the airport where you will catch a flight to Izmir.
Upon arrival at Izmir, you will be collected, and you're in-depth tour will start.
This Ancient City of Ephesus & Sirince Turkish Village ultra-private Tour From Istanbul shows Ephesus at its very best and why it was one of four major cities in the Roman Empire.
Relive the history of all the major sites in the marble-lined streets including the Baths of Scholastica, Library of Celsus, Temple of Hadrian and the Temple Artemis. Also, be amazed at the Grand Theater where famous celebrities have performed, including Michael Jackson and Madonna.
Visit the Terrace Houses located opposite Hadrian’s Temple. The wealthy and influential people of Ephesus lived in these houses, which are finely decorated with mosaics and frescoes, giving a real impression of the ancient lifestyle.
You will also visit the House of the Virgin Mary which is believed to of been her final resting place
In the town of Selcuk, you will get the opportunity to see the grotto of the seven sleepers who were a group of men who hid in the cave to escape from religious persecution. Also, visit Isa Bey Mosque an impressive work of architectural art remaining from the Anatolian Beylik.
Your final stop in Selcuk will be the Aysuluk Fortress and St Johns Basilica. The well preserved Byzantine castle stands on the hill of Ayasuluk for around 1500 years. It is claimed that the evangelist St. John had spent his final years in the area around Ephesus and was then buried in the southern slope of Ayosolug Hill. Three hundred years after the death of St. John, a small chapel was constructed over the grave in the 4th century.
Finish the tour at Sirince Village, which will show you the traditional Turkish village life; famous for wine houses (which you can taste), olive oils, handicrafts, and organic fruit and vegetables. Walk the narrow cobbled streets of this charming village, and you will find women, selling crafts of all kinds, olive oil. Also, visit the Church of St John the Baptist before getting a chance to do some shopping at some of the best leather and carpet outlets.
After your fantastic day, we will drive you back to Izmir Airport, where you will catch your flight back to Istanbul.
Once in you arrive at Istanbul Airport you will be transferred back to your Istanbul hotel.
Ephesus and Sirince village ultra-private tour from Istanbul can be customised to your need so if you want to add something into your tour or take something out is entirely up to you.
- Experience a ultra private tour to Ephesus and Sirince
- Visit all the main sights of Ephesus including Celsus Library and Grand Theatre
- See the ruins of the Temple of Artemis, explore St Johns Basillica and see some of the saved ruins at Ephesus Museum
- See where the wealthy once lived at the Terrace Houses
- Relive life in Selcuk with a visit to the seven sleepers, Isa Bey Mosque and Ayasuluk Fortress
- Visit Virgin Mary's final resting place at the House of Virgin Mary
- Explore Sirince Village famous for wine houses and see the Church of St John the Baptist
- Scheduling: Private
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 13 to 16 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- This tour is for a minimum of 2 people
- Flights are non-refundable
- Entrance fees are not included but you have the option to add them into the price
- This tour can be tailor made to your needs
- Pick-up servicePick-up and drop-off from your hotel in Istanbul
- CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. Please note we reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- All transportation in a air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional and knowledgeable guide
- Return domestic flights from Istanbul to Izmir
- Pick up and drop off service from your Istanbul hotel
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Other services not mentioned
- Food and drink
- Please dress appropriately when visiting any religious sites
- In the Summer months make sure to apply suncream as it can get very hot
- Make sure you wear comfortable clothing and footwear as there is walking involved
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1