Experience Old Istanbul While on a Private Walking Tour of the City
Istanbul Old City Private Walking Tour starts when you meet your private guide in the lobby of your hotel. First, you will go to the Blue Mosque, Istanbul's most famous mosque famous for its six minarets. Be mesmerised by the beautiful blue tiles as well as the astonishing woven carpets.
After a short walk, you will then see the Hagia Sofia, the most significant and holy work of the Byzantine period. Its past dates back to the fourth century AD. Sultan Mehmet II, who was the conqueror of Constantinople, converted it into a mosque and held his first service there on Friday after the city fell in 1453.
Next, visit the Hippodrome, the sporting and social centre of old Constantinople. Your guide will show you what remains from the original structure including an obelisk and carved columns, and explain the role that chariot races played in eastern Roman life.
Then it's a short walk to the Basilica Cistern, another stunning piece of Byzantine architecture, an underground reservoir constructed to store water from the Valens Aqueduct. Lit by flickering lights reflected in dark pools, it's eerie and mysterious, particularly with its Medusa head columns. Then it is on to the Topkapi Palace where you will discover the world of the Ottoman sultans where these rulers lived for ages. Be surprised when you visit the Treasury, it features the emerald-and-gold Topkapi Dagger and the 86-carat 'Spoonmaker's Diamond'.
You will then be able to shop at the Grand Bazaar, with many stores divided into 64 streets. During the Ottoman period, this was not just a market, but also a bank, a stock exchange, and a place for slave auctions. Shop here for souvenirs, such as carpets, brassware, and leather goods and much more and your guide will be happy to assist.
- Visit the Blue Mosque, Istanbul's most famous mosque with its beautiful blue tiles
- See the Hagia Sofia, the most significant and holy work of the Byzantine period
- Visit the Hippodrome, the sporting and social centre of old Constantinople
- Explore the Basilica Cistern an underground reservoir constructed to store water from the Valens Aqueduct
- Discover the world of the Ottoman sultans at the Topkapi Palace
- Go to the shoppers paradise of the Grand Bazaar and find some memories to take home
- Scheduling: Private
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Dutch, Japanese, Spanish
- Duration: 6 to 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from your Istanbul hotel
- CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. Please note we reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Professional tour guide
- Luxurious vehicles for transportation
- Parking fees
- Entrance fees
- Food and drink
- Personal expenses
- Optional Gratuities
- Comfortable footwear will be important for your experience
- Make sure you dress appropriately while visiting any religious sites
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1