Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque & Grand Bazaar Half-Day Tour of Istanbul
Discover the Hippodrome, the Blue Mosque, and Hagia Sophia Basilica on this half-day tour of Istanbul. See how traditions and culture live on and are still part of daily life as you hunt for a bargain in the labyrinth in the streets of the Grand Bazaar.
The morning starts with a visit to the remaining columns and obelisks of the Hippodrome—once the centre for theatre and sports. See where slaves once rode chariots in terrifying races and the place where orators shared brave words to the crowd.
The tour continues to the exquisite Blue Mosque, also known as the Sultan Ahmed Mosque who was the founder. See the tomb of the great ruler, and admire the delicate designs and floral patterns of the Ottoman tiles that decorate the walls of the shrine.
Feast your eyes on the majestic 6th-century Byzantine basilica, Hagia Sophia. It was once a church before it became a mosque, and is now a museum. View the architectural innovation of this domed structure as well as the panelled interior with coloured marbles and decorative stone inlays.
Complete your tour with associate degree exhilarating shopping experience at the active Grand Bazaar. From the trading of diamonds and carpets to food and perfumes—you are sure to find an excellent bargain.
- Gaze at the delicate designs & floral patterns of the Blue Mosque
- See the architectural beauty of the renowned Hagia Sophia
- Go Souvenir shopping at the largest covered bazaar in the world
- Visit the symbolic landmarks & historic architecture of Istanbul
- A visit to the ancient site of chariot races and speeches at the Hippodrome
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Dutch, Japanese
- Duration: 4 to 5 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hagia Sophia is closed on Mondays; you will visit the 6th-century Basilica Cistern instead
- The Grand Bazaar is closed on Sundays
- Pick-up servicePickup from your Istanbul hotel
- CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. Please note we reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- A guided tour of Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque & Grand Bazaar
- Admission fees are included for the sights mentioned
- Roundtrip transportation to and from your Istanbul hotel
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Food and drink
- Please dress appropriately as you will be visiting religious sites
- Please be in your hotel reception 15 minutes before your pickup time
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1