Istanbul and Cappadocia on a 5 Day Private Tour
This is a fantastic 5-day tour where you will get to see some fabulous sites in the beautiful country of Turkey. You will have a professional guide throughout the tour with flights and accommodation included.
You will see all the main sights in Istanbul, including the beautiful Haghia Sophia which was changed into a mosque sometime in the 15th century. Explore the Sultanahmet Imperial Mosque (Blue Mosque) one of the worlds most notable religious buildings and see the Topkapi Palace a residence of Ottoman Sultans from the 15th to 19th century. You will also get to shop for all your holiday souvenirs in the biggest covered market in Europe, the Grand Bazaar.
Visit the mesmerising Cappadocia with its stunning landscape of the Fairy Chimneys, rock formations and the underground city, which is a labyrinth of houses. You could also choose to do a once in a lifetime hot air balloon (extra charge).
Explore the Goreme open-air museum which is recognised by UNESCO as a medieval monastic complex. Visit the famous “Devrent Valley (Imagination Valley) and “Pasabagi” (or Monk`s Valley). The Fairy chimneys in Devrent Valley resemble some animals and the hat of Napoleon Bonaparte.
- Visit some of the main sights of Istanbul including Topkapi Palace, the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia
- Discover Derinkuyu/Kaymakli underground city which is 3500 years old where you will go eight floors down
- Stop at Uçhisar Castle where you will learn about the history of Cappadocia
- Explore the Göreme Open Air Museum where you understand the influence of the religion(Christianity)
- Stop at Devrent Valley also known as Imagination Valley and see the magical Fairy Chimneys
- Scheduling: Private
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Italian
- Duration: 5 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from Istanbul Airport
- CancellationYou can cancel your tour 7 days prior to the travel date with a full refund except for the domestic flights which are non-refundable.
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. Please note we reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Entrance fees
- Domestic flights
- Meals as stated in the itinerary
- All accommodation
- Transfers in a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide
- Other services not mentioned
- Meals not stated in the itinerary
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
Arrival at Istanbul Airport where a professional driver will meet you and transfer to the hotel for check-in and the rest of the day is at your leisure.
Explore Hagia Sophia which was initially built by Emperor Constantine in the 4th century, and then converted into a mosque sometime in the 15th century by the ottomans.
Go to the Topkapi Palace, once used by the Ottoman Sultans from the 15th to 19th centuries and see the magnificent collection of priceless jewels, silver, crystal, and porcelain, robes that were worn by the sultans and the relics of the prophet Mohammed. (Entrance to the Harem is extra).
We will visit the stunning Blue Mosque that was built for Sultan Ahmet I. The Blue Mosque is a unique piece of architecture with six minarets and features around 20,000 beautiful Iznik tiles.
See the Grand Covered Bazaar with its many shops perfect for your holiday souvenirs.
Explore the famous Goreme Open Air Museum and see some of the best examples of Byzantine art that is in Cappadocia in rock-cut churches with frescoes and paintings (10th to 13th century). Continue to Uchisar Rock-Castle to have a panoramic view of the valleys of Cappadocia.
See the lunar landscape of Cappadocia with some rock formations beyond belief in Devrent valley, walk-in Pasabag near Zelve and wonder at the “fairy chimneys” where the sound of the wind mixes with the “songs of fairies”.
Visit Avanos which has been the centre of terra cotta work of art since around 3000 BC, and you will get a demonstration in a traditional pottery workshop.
Visit the Underground City, one of the largest and deepest of the 40 others in Cappadocia and have eight floors, although not all are open to the public.
After breakfast transfer to Kayseri Airport for your flight back to Istanbul and transfers to your hotel for an overnight stay.
Transfer to Istanbul Airport to connect to your international flight.
- Please check if you need a visa to enter Turkey
- Make sure you have adequate insurance before you travel
- Flights tickets are e-tickets. Calculation is based on promotional class and rates are subject to change until ticketed. You will receive references to flight tickets after booking.
- This itinerary is subject to change and may be reversed without prior notice according to weather, museum closing days, daily events or other unforeseen circumstances
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1