Istanbul Food Walking Tour of Beyoglu by Night
Feel like a local on this evening walking tour of Istanbul's noisy Beyoğlu district, once known as Pera ("Across" in Greek). Your guide will take you around uncharted side streets to head out to eat and relax as the locals do.
Delve into Çiçek Pasajı (Flower Passage). This covered arcade and its neighbouring Nevizade Sokak passageway brim with noisy meyhanes (taverns). Head inside some with your guide to savour a selection of such traditional small plates as patçanga böreği (melted cheese rolls) or soslu patlıcan salatası (soused eggplant salad).
Explore the streets around the fish market and find Dürümzade, a grill joint specializing in dürüm (kebab wraps) that was recommended by chef Anthony Bourdain in his travel TV series, No Reservations. Savour a freshly made dürüm, crunching through the outer, crispy tortilla into the succulent meat inside.
Next place in your tour is Taksim Square in Beyoğlu. As you walk, your guide will tell fascinating insights into the area’s street cuisine and about the tastings to come.
Weave through lamplit alleyways and arcades filled with grills and taverns, and sample everything from scrumptious kebab wraps to 'ıslak hamburger' (burger wrapped in tomato sauce-soaked buns).
End of the evening comes in the shape of a Turkish coffee, and a traditional session of fortune-telling and a piquant meze tasting washed down with 'rakı'!
- Evening food tour of Istanbul’s bustling Beyoğlu district
- Learn all about the city's vibrant culinary street scene from a knowledgeable guide
- Sample some favourite local street and fast foods with an expert guide
- Try popular treats such as ıslak burgers and dürüms
- Enjoy an authentic Turkish coffee and fortune-telling session
- Savour a selection of classic meze accompanied by rakı
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 3 to 4 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. Please note we reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Local guide
- Foods samples
- Turkish Coffee
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Additional foods and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 8 years