See the Sparkling Jewels of Turkey on a 8 Days Tour from Istanbul
Explore the highlights of Turkey and see the jewels that this beautiful country has to offer.
Leave the planning to us on this 8-day tour that will transport you to the country’s top sights without any hassle or stress.
Throughout your trip, you’ll visit Istanbul’s highlights, including the Topkapi Palace an extraordinary and full of secrets palace, which was the residence of the Imperial Ottoman Sultans for around 400 years. Explore Hagia Sofia, one of the most magnificent architectures in the world. Also, you will get to cruise the Bosphorus which connects Europe and Asia and see some fantastic views along the way.
You will venture to the UNESCO-listed Ephesus, one of the worlds best-preserved ancient site and see where Virgin Mary spent her final days at the House of the Virgin Mary. Get to experience Temple of Artemis one of the seven wonders of the ancient world.
Go to the fantastic white landscape of Pamukkale with its pure white travertines and swim above the fallen columns in Cleopatra's pool (extra charge). See the ruins of Hierapolis which has the largest Necropolis with 1200 gravestones in Anatolia.
Explore the fairy-tale landscape of mystifying Cappadocia where you can also see the labyrinth of the underground city. Take a walk in Pasabag Valley and wonder at the Fairy Chimneys and go to the world-famous Goreme open-air museum. You may even have the option to take a hot balloon ride, which is a memory you won't want to forget.
- A Bosphorus Cruise to enjoy the sights of life in Istanbul through the water channels.
- Visit the Egyptian Market with its famous goods shipped in from Cairo.
- Discover Hagia Sophia, one of the greatest marvels of architecture and was founded as a Basilica in the 6th century
- Visit the extraordinary and full of secrets Topkapi Palace
- Be amazed in the Blue Mosque by the 20,000 blue-toned Iznik tiles decorating the interior walls
- Explore the Ancient City of Ephesus, have a spiritual experience at Virgin Mary's House and see the Temple of Artemis Considered one of the seven wonders of the ancient world
- Admire the landscape of Pamukkale of the white travertines and the ancient city of Hierapolis which has the biggest Necropolis
- Wander between the amazing fairy chimneys and explore the Kaymakli Underground City of Cappadocia
- Scheduling: Private
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Dutch, Japanese
- Duration: 8 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Infant seats available
- The itineraries of this tour may vary
- Pick-up servicePick up from Istanbul Airport
- CancellationYou can cancel your tour 7 days prior to the travel date with a full refund except for the domestic flights which are non-refundable.
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. Please note we reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- 7 nights accommodation
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- Domestic flight tickets
- Transport by private vehicle
- Meals as stated in the itinerary
- Personal Expenses
- Other services not mentioned
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Meals that are not stated in the itinerary
Arriving into Istanbul, you will meet your driver and transfer to your hotel.
Once you have enjoyed breakfast you will be picked from your hotel we will visit Hagia Sophia Museum, which contains one of the most magnificent architectures in the world and was founded as a basilica in the 6th century.
Built by order of Byzantine Emperor Justinianus, St Sophia was the largest cathedral in the world for nearly a thousand years and is considered the masterpiece of Byzantine architecture.
After being found the Patriarchal Basilica of Constantinople, it was converted into a mosque in 1453 by Sultan Mehmet ll.
Next stop will be at Topkapi Palace an extraordinary and full of secrets palace, which was the residence of the Imperial Ottoman Sultans for around 400 years.
The building is an example of Ottoman architecture, and the rooms exhibit collections of porcelain, weapons, armours, shields, Ottoman miniatures, Islamic calligraphic manuscripts as well as Ottoman treasures and jewellery.
After lunch, we will continue to Kapali Carsi, the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul, which is possibly the largest and oldest undercover markets in the world.
Last stop is Sultanahmet District and the Hippodrome which was once a centre of sportive events including chariot races and political activities of the old city. Here you find the German Fountain of Wilhelm II. The obelisk of Theodosius and the Serpentine Column, some of the monuments that you can learn more about while visiting the Hippodrome.
You will then fly to Izmir and be transferred to your hotel in Kusadasi.
After breakfast, we will visit the city of Ephesus, an Ancient city in the Eastern Mediterranean and one of the largest Open-Air Museum in Turkey.
Ephesus contains more than 30 buildings and structures linked together that still have the Marks of Ancient chariot wheels and the Grand Theatre where St Paul preached against the Pagans and where the Gladiators once engaged in battle.
Formerly holding 25,000 people, this theatre was renovated by several Roman emperors and designed for theatrical performances and gladiatorial contests to be held here. Explore the Odeon Temple, Fountain of Trajan, Temple of Hadrian, Stream baths of scholastic, Marble road, Temple of Domitian and Agora.
Next stop will be at The Virgin Mary's House which has been confirmed by Pope lV and Pope John Poul ll. Many visitors Describe this as an uplifting or Spiritual Experience.
After lunch, we will drive to The Temple of Artemis which is considered as one of the seven wonders of the ancient world.
Today we will visit the ancient spa town and travertine pools of Hierapolis and Pamukkale famous for its natural thermal spring waters. Because of the chemical properties in the water, pure white coloured travertines and stepped water terraces are created on the mountain slope.
Visit the terraces and the historical city of Hierapolis which has the largest Necropolis with 1200 gravestones in Anatolia. Also, one of the highlights of the site is Cleopatra's Scared pool (entrance 35 TL pp extra).
You will then fly to Cappadocia where you will spend the night.
Today after breakfast, we will visit Devrent Valley, where the geographical formations will remind you of a place from another planet.
Arriving into Pasabagi, you can explore by taking a walk between the amazing fairy chimneys of Cappadocia before we head off to Avanos to have our lunch.
After lunch, we visit the Goreme Open air museum before driving to the highest point of the region, Uchisar Castle where you will have a panoramic view over Cappadocia.
Next morning after breakfast you will be picked up from the hotel and we will visit Kaymakli Underground City, once a place of refuge for 15,000 Christians.
See the old historical church, bedrooms, the food storage rooms and bedrooms which are connected by 30 km corridors and tunnels in this eight-storey city.
Also, we will visit the Ortahisar Natural Rock Castle.
Then you will catch a flight back to Istanbul where you will spend the next couple of nights.
Back in Istanbul and after breakfast, you can enjoy a Bosphorus Cruise where you can see the sights and hear the sounds of Turkey’s Asia and Europe sector as you cruise through this water channel of Istanbul.
After the cruise, our last stop will be at the Misir Carsisi, also called the Egyptian Market because it was popular for selling goods that were shipped in from Cairo.
After the tour, we transfer you to your hotel.
Transfer to Istanbul Airport for your flight or you could extend your holiday.
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Please dress appropriately when visiting any religious places
- All names must match exactly to your passport
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1