The Best of Tremendous Turkey on a 8 Day Private Tour
Explore some of the best highlights of Turkey and see some of the fantastic places of history and stunning landscape this beautiful country has to offer. Throughout your trip, you’ll visit Istanbul’s highlights, including Hagia Sofia and the mesmerising Blue Mosque on a fully guided tour of this fantastic city.
On this tour, you will visit Gallipoli the battlefield from World War I, Ari Burnu, Brighton Beach, and ANZAC Cove graveyards. Also, visit Lonepine Australian Memorial and Cemetery. See the tunnels used during World War I and the trenches at the Johnstons Jolly. Visit the New Zealand memorial and cemetery.
This multi-day tour also visits the Legendary city of Troy, with a replica of the famous wooden horse that you can climb to take photos. The city of Ancient Troy was built at a strategic point on the Dardanelle strait, which connects the Aegean Sea with the Black Sea. Troy forms a basis for Homer’s Iliad, written some 500 years after the Trojan War. Ancient Troy also holds a unique position in history, literature and archaeology.
Visit Pergamon that became an important kingdom during the Hellenistic period and had the second-best library in the time of the ancient Greek civilisation, after Alexandria. When the Ptolemies stopped exporting papyrus because of competitors, and partly because of shortages, the Pergamenes created a new substance to use in codices, called pergaminus or parchment after the city. This was made of calfskin, a predecessor of vellum.
You will venture to the UNESCO-listed Ephesus where you will see one of the worlds best-preserved ancient sites. Also, see where Virgin Mary spent her final days at the House of the Virgin Mary. Get to experience Temple of Artemis one of the seven wonders of the ancient world.
Visit the awe-inspiring pure white travertines of Pamukkale and take a dip in the Cleopatras pool where you can see the fallen columns below. The white travertine terraces at Pamukkale are one of the most spectacular natural wonders that you are able to see from various mineral springs in a vast white cliffside. Also, see the ruins of Hierapolis.
Head back to Istanbul, passing through rural Turkey and ancient Bursa to visit the famous Green Mosque and explore the Silk Bazaar.
- Visit some of the main sights of Istanbul including Topkapi Palace, the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia
- Pay your respects to the fallen heroes of the Gallipoli battlefield as well as World War I monuments
- Visit The enchanting city of Troy a historic place with it's the cultural treasures
- Visit the ancient town of Pergamum with its magnificent acropolis
- Explore the ancient city of Ephesus one of the best-preserved ruins in the world
- See the pure white travertines at Pamukkale and the ruins of Hierapolis
- Visit ancient Bursa and see the famous Green Mosque
- Scheduling: Private
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Italian
- Duration: 8 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from Istanbul Airport
- CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. Please note we reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Meet and greet service by our driver at the airport
- All transfers by an air-conditioned vehicle
- All accommodation
- Entrance fees to all sites
- Professional tour guide during the tour
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- All service charges and taxes
- Other services not mentioned
- Optional tours
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
Arrival at Istanbul Airport where a professional driver will meet you and transfer to the hotel for check-in and the rest of the day is at your leisure.
Explore Hagia Sophia which was initially built by Emperor Constantine in the 4th century, and then converted into a mosque sometime in the 15th century by the ottomans.
Go to the Topkapi Palace, once used by the Ottoman Sultans from the 15th to 19th centuries and see the magnificent collection of priceless jewels, silver, crystal, and porcelain, robes that were worn by the sultans and the relics of the prophet Mohammed. (Entrance to the Harem is extra).
We will visit the stunning Blue Mosque that was built for Sultan Ahmet I. The Blue Mosque is a unique piece of architecture with six minarets and features around 20,000 beautiful Iznik tiles.
Visit the ancient Hippodrome with Obelisk of Theodosius, Snake Pillar and German Fountain of Wilhelm II.
Depart early morning for an afternoon tour of Gallipoli.
The World War I battlefields of Gallipoli are now a serene site. Also visit the Lone Pine Australian Memorial, Chunuk Bair New Zealand Memorial, ANZAC Cove, Johnston’s Jolly and Gallipoli Museum.
Today you will have a tour of Troy and Pergamum, before continuing to Kusadasi.
Visit the ancient city of Troy, world-famous for the legendary Trojan horse that dates back to the times of Helen, Queen of Sparta and the ancient city of Pergamum with its spectacular acropolis and has one of the steepest ancient theatres in the world.
Its magnificent library, temples, and medical facilities also made it a renowned political and cultural centre in its time.
Then we will enjoy a lovely display of locally handcrafted leather goods.
Enjoy a Complete Ancient City of Ephesus & Sirince, Turkish Village Tour From Kusadasi. See Ephesus at its best and why it was one of the four major cities in the Roman Empires. After skipping the main entrance line, visit the ruins with your professional guide on an Ephesus tour.
Feel the history along the marble-lined streets, and see the Baths of Scholastica, Temple of Hadrian, Library of Celsus and The Grand Theater.
After your House of the Virgin Mary tour, you will also see St. John’s Basilica, and we will also stop at Artemis Temple.
Sirince Village tours will show you the traditional Turkish village life. Famous for wine houses (which you can taste), olive oils, handicrafts, and organic fruit and vegetables. Walk the narrow cobbled streets of this charming village, and you will find women, selling crafts of all kinds, olive oil.
After your fantastic day, we will drive you back to Kusadasi town centre, Kusadasi port or hotel to drop you off.
Drive to Pamukkale and discover the pure white travertine terraces and the ruins of Hierapolis.
The travertine terraces at Pamukkale are definitely one of the most spectacular natural wonders that you will be able to see from several mineral springs in a substantial white cliffside.
About 200 m overlooking the plain you can see how the calcite-laden waters have dripped over a number of terraced levels and created a fairyland of unusual solidified cascades and shell-shaped basins. They look like creations made from snow or like balls from cotton, which gave the scenery the Turkish name Pamukkale (cotton castle).
Moreover, the water in the basins changes its colour according to how the light enters.
Also visit the ancient ruins of Hierapolis with its Basilica, theatre and Roman Baths.
Today you will head back to Istanbul, passing through rural Turkey and ancient Bursa to visit the famous Green Mosque and explore the Silk Bazaar.
Transfer to Istanbul Airport to connect to your international flight.
- Please check if you need a visa to enter Turkey
- Make sure you have adequate insurance before you travel
- Flights tickets are e-tickets. Calculation is based on promotional class and rates are subject to change until ticketed. You will receive references to flight tickets after booking
- This itinerary is subject to change and may be reversed without prior notice according to weather, museum closing days, daily events or other unforeseen circumstances
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1