The Whirling Dervishes Show at the HodjaPasha Culture Centre
Watch a spellbinding 1-hour show of the Mevlevi Sema ceremony at the restored 550-year-old Ottoman Turkish bath become a HodjaPasha Culture Center. In the centre of Istanbul and be a witness, the miracle of the whirling dances and dervishes.
The 800 years old show represents the idea that everything in the universe turns around from atoms to the solar system, even blood that circulates in the body.
This thrilling program begins with a classical Turkish music concert, followed by the Sema ceremony, comprised of 7 parts.
Watch wonderingly as the whirling dervishes and sheikh take their place and praise the Prophet Mohammed. Following the chant, a drum voice is heard, and all 7 parts unfold, - the ceremony culminates when the extraordinary whirling dervishes turn to represent the birth of humanity.
The Sema ends with a Fâtiha for the souls of all prophets, martyrs, and believers.
- See an amazing dance show that dates back 800 years
- Visit a restored 550-year-old Ottoman Turkish bath
- Learn about the Mevlevi Sema spiritual journey
- Enjoy a fantastic musical repertoire
- Watch the miraculous whirling dervishes
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Italian, Arabic, Greek, Persian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Duration: 1 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Disability ServicesNot wheelchair accessible
- CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. Please note we reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Ticket to the ceremony
- Program booklet
- Complementary drinks
- Please note that any disruption to this performance is not permitted; taking photographs, talking during the ceremony and applause are prohibited