Whirling Dervishes Live Show & Exhibition Tour from Istanbul
Found near the beautiful Topkapi Palace and mighty Hagia Sophia Basilica, Hodjapsha Cultural Center is a delightful piece of the city’s stunning cultural mosaic.
Transformed from a sizeable 15th-century hamam (Turkish bath), it currently welcomes visitors underneath its high domed ceilings that show some of the best of this huge country’s traditions.
Watch the magical ritual of the Mevlevi Order, whose whirling dance has been declared a UNESCO Heritage of Humanity. The Sema ceremony is a journey through man’s spiritual ascent to “perfection” through mind and love—a truly unmissable and astonishing experience of music and moves.
The exhibition has displays concerning dervishes and their ceremony, objects belonging to the world of dervishes such as musical instruments, clothing and personal tools, books. Also, Interactive Rumi poems and Sufi music samples, style dervish statues and video shows are a part of this distinctive exhibition.
- See ancient rituals & dances in a 15th-century hamam
- Be amazed at the UNESCO Heritage “Sema” ceremony of whirling dervishes
- Learn about the traditions of the former Ottoman Empire
- Enjoy refreshing Turkish drinks under the magnificent tall dome ceilings
- Witness some astonishing performances in mystical lights
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Dutch, Japanese
- Duration: 1 to 2 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Children 6 and younger are not allowed to attend the Mevlevi Sema Ceremony
- This venue is not wheelchair accessible
- CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. Please note we reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Admission to Hodjapasha Cultural Centre
- Drinks (selection of tea, Turkish coffee, water, and juice)
- Mevlevi Sema Ceremony and Exhibition
- Multi language explanation booklet
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Photography is not allowed
- visitors who come later than 15 minutes is regarded as No-Show and the ticket price will not be refunded
- Late comers are allowed to enter the sema session first 10 minutes for the sake of peaceful ceremony
- Please be available at the theatre 30 minutes before the show time
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1