2 Day Group Tour to Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento & Capri
See Southern Italy highlights on your minitour from Rome. Your journey begins heading south along the so-called Sun Highway, crossing the fertile Roman countryside and the area known as Castelli Romani, dotted with enchanting medieval villages and arriving in Naples, one of the largest and well-known cities in Italy.
A short panoramic tour climbing up to Vomero hill to enjoy beautiful views over the Gulf of Naples with the Vesuvius, Capri, Ischia and Procida and the city below, time to take some nice pictures. Descending towards the port of Mergellina you will leave the city and travel south toward Mount Vesuvius, to reach the town of Ercolano where we will stop for lunch. The lunch break will be served in a first class hotel in Ercolano, set in monumental grounds with one of the best examples of what eclectic gardens were during the 1700s.
After lunch you will reach Pompeii to enter into the world-famous site with Skip the Line tickets. Visit the haunting ruins of Pompeii, traveling back in time to the tragic days in 79 AD when the silent Mount Vesuvius suddenly erupted, covering the prosperous Roman city in deadly volcanic ashes and poisonous gases, leaving this prosperous city crystallized until our days.
You’ll learn how people lived at that time, visiting houses and “bars” of the time, admiring frescoes and mosaics to imagine how rich and prosperous was the city before the dreadful day. After the visit, you will drive along the Sorrentine Coast, arriving in Sorrento for dinner (dress code: jacket for men) and an overnight in your new hotel.
On the second day, after breakfast you’ll be embarked to Capri island. Depending on weather conditions, you’ll take a boat ride to the popular and dreamy “Grotta Azzurra” (Blue Grotto), where sunlight passes into an underwater cavity and shines through the seawater, creating a magical blue reflection. After returning to the port you’ll board on a minibus for a scenic drive to Anacapri, 918 feet (280 meters) above the sea level.
You’ll see wonderful views of the bay of Naples before continuing to a local restaurant for lunch. After lunch, you can take advantage of some free time to explore Capri at your leisure or to go shopping. Then you’ll return to Marina Grande back to the mainland to return to Rome.
- Explore the Unesco World Heritage site of Pompeii with skip the line tickets
- Have fascinating views of the Sorrento Coast
- Visit of Capri and its Blue Grotto by boat
- Scheduling: Semi-Goodman Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Spanish
- Duration: 2 days
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- From November 1 to March 31 Capri is not visited, clients will have time to explore Sorrento and go shopping at leisure
- The tour does not operate on December 24-25-30-31 and January 1
- Maximum 4 people per booking
- Please note for peak season - August and September - Hotel will be in the surroundings of Sorrento
- Audioguide in Pompeii
- Archaeological site in Italian, Portuguese, Chinese, Russian and Japanese
- Tour ends in hotel or nearby at 9:00 pm approximately
- This tour departs daily at 7.30 am
- For technical reasons, the order of the tour could be reversed
- Price valid for a maximum of 2 rooms
- Live GuideItalian, Belarusian, Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese
- Pick-up servicePick up starts at 6:30 am from centrally-located hotels.
- Easy CancellationThis tour can be cancelled within 72 hours from departure date. After 72 hours 100% fee will be charged.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Headsets in Pompeii
- 2 lunches & 1 dinner
- Entrance tickets to the Blue grotto
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance Fees
- Ferry tickets to Capri
- Overnight stay in a 4*/4* S hotel
- Guided tour of Pompeii with skip-the-line tickets
- Food/beverages not mentioned in the inclusions
- Optional gratuities
- If the Blue Grotto is not accessible due to tidal conditions, you will be taken by boat to the Faraglioni Rocks. If weather conditions do not allow the excursion by boat, you will take a land excursion of the island
- One piece of luggage per person is allowed
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1