Visit to Syracuse from Taormina
Departure by coach with a Tour Leader on board.
Upon arrival in Syracuse, meeting with the Local Guide and visit of the Archaeological Area of the V century. b.C. with the Greek Theatre, the Roman Amphitheatre, the Altar of Hieron II and the Anatomies of Paradise with the Ear of Dionysius. After that, a visit to the historical centre of the island of Ortigia, with the Temple of Apollo, the Cathedral, the important Baroque church built on an ancient temple, and the Fountain of Arethusa with the famous papyrus plant.
Free time for an individual walking tour to the Grand Harbour with the “Foro Italico” on Porto Grande and optional lunch in typical restaurants. Entrance fees are extra (free for EU citizens under 18 years with a valid ID). We recommend suitable attire when visiting sacred sites.
- Discover the Baroque monuments in Ortigia Island
- Visit the Fountain Arethusa and the main cathedral
- Take a walk in the Ortigia Island, the historical centre of Syracuse
- Explore the Archaelogical Park with the Greek and Roman ruins
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, Italian
- Duration: 9 to 10 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Live GuideEnglish, German, Italian
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 10 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- • All ground transportation • Tour Leader and Local Guide service • Taxes
- • Entrance fees (free for EU citizens under the age of 18 and reduced by 50% for EU citizens aged between 18 and 25 years with valid ID) • Meals & Drinks
- We recommend natural fiber clothing, hat and comfortable shoes.