Half Day Murano & Burano Islands Boat Tour from Venice
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered in: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 4 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Have the pleasure of traveling by Motorboat to the Islands
- Enjoy the athmosphere and sights on the Island of Murano
- Witness the tradition of Glassmaking on the Island Of Murano
- Spend time on possibly the most picturesque island of the Lagoon, Burano
By no doubt, you cannot leave Venice without visiting the three gems of the Venetian Lagoon: the islands of Murano, Burano and Torcello.
Get ready to set out on a journey around the Venetian lagoon, enjoying breathtaking views over the St. Mark's Basin then heading towards the northern part of the Venetian lagoon, where the three islands are located.
The first stop of the tour will be Murano Island. Since far back in time, this is the place where glass factories gathered and an amazing glass art tradition developed. Here, you will marvel in front of the manual skills of a master craftsman showing how a glass masterpiece comes to life. If Murano is known all around the world for glass making art is not a chance, in fact, artisans devoting to this art are skilled with techniques handed down from one generation to another one, creating a timeless tradition still alive in this island of the lagoon.
Next stop will be the fishermen island of Burano, famous for its colourful houses and peaceful atmospheres. This is a true paradise for photography lovers and for people who wish to explore a deep side of Venice, where local people still live their simple and ordinary life on a little island away from the crowds.
According to a local legend, Burano got its rainbow appearance thanks to the fishermen that lived there, who used to paint their houses in bright and light colours so that they could find their way home while coming back from the sea. The island is also known for its rare artisan lace.“Before there was a Venice there was a Torcello”.
The last stop of the tour will be the quiet and green island of Torcello, a little island suspended between mystical tales and the ruins of a glorious past not many people are aware of. Apart from the timeless atmospheres and green sceneries typical of the wild lagoon, not many people know that Torcello was the first islands of the Venetian lagoon to be populated, and was once a thriving centre.
Today only a few inhabitants do live here and it is possible to experience atmospheres and sites that will take you back in time, where life began in Venice.
- Motor boat from/to Venice
- Visit to a glass factory in Murano
- Multilingual assistant
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup/drop off
- Comfortable shoes and clothes are advised
- No refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals.
- The tour will take place even if it is raining
- Languages: multilingual assistance (English, German, Spanish, French, Italian)
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1