Mask & Puppets Tour for Children
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered in: English, Italian
- Duration: 2 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- This tour has to be booked at least 48 hours in advance
- The tour will NOT operate during the following dates: Nov. 1st and 21st, Dec. 24th, 25th, 31st, Jan 1st and 6th, Feb. 20th to 25th
- When booking, please choose the amount of participants then the corresponding option to get the correct price.
- Children under 6 are not permitted on this tour
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Choose from over 50 different mask models to personalise
- Get creative with a gathering of colourful accessories and supplies
- Use gold and silver paint to add some magnificent final touches
- Take home your masterpiece to remember your trip to Venice
We will start from Goldoni's house, where we can know his work and his reform of the theatre. We will meet his characters and the main sceneries of his works.
Above all, we will see the puppet theatre of the 18th century. In Goldoni's house, you will discover the rooms and his life through the vision of objects of his time, and you will also learn about the way of life in the 18th century.
You will see on the stage of the puppet theatre a scene from the comedy ‘Arlecchino servitore di due padroni’, a Goldoni’s pièce, which is famous all over the world.
And you will know the main characters of the ‘Art Commedy’: Arlecchino, Brighella, Balanzone, Colombina and Pantalone. You will learn how the puppets were built, and how they were activated.
We will finish the visit in an atelier located close to Goldoni's house, where you will use brushes and paintings to decorate your own mask, choosing among over 60 models all handmade in papier maché.
In the atelier, you will be helped by the team to decorate your mask. In the end, you will take home your decorated mask together with this wonderful experience.
- All necessary colors and supplies
- 1 hour course of mask decoration
- Guide or assistant (just the mask artisan)
- Hotels pick up/drop off
- Be sure to get there at least 10 minutes before to tour starting time
- Provide or show a copy of your voucher to the staff
- The tour will take place also with rain, in the event of an exceptionally high tide in Venice or bad weather it might be cancelled and a refund will be provided.
- No refund will be provided for no shows or late arrivals