Textile Secrets of Venice 3 Hour Tour
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered in: English
- Duration: 3 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- The tour will NOT operate during the following dates: Nov. 1st and 21st, Dec. 8th, 24th,25th and 31st Jan 1st and 6th
- This tour has to be booked at least 2 working days in advance
- A minimum of 2 people is required to book this tour
- Live GuideEnglish
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Visit an ancient Venetian weaving mill, whose foundation dates back to the end of the 19th Century
- Explore Palazzo Mocenigo, the Museum of Textiles and Costumes with the itineraries dedicated to Perfume. The museum will guide you to the discovery of the 17th and 18th Century Venetian style
- See a truly singular shop that was an ancient roasting shop where Giacomo Casanova stopped once, as a plaque on the wall attests.
The Venice Textile Tour Allows You to Dive Into the Venetian Artisan Tradition
During the morning, you will visit three different places presenting singular features that will bring you to a Venice of the past, among precious cloths and fabrics.
The first stop of the tour will be an ancient Venetian weaving mill, whose foundation dates back to the end of the 19th Century. Inside the building, you will find original 18th Century looms that give proof of the great tradition behind the products.
The velvets and brocades of the Venetian weaving mill are famous all over the world: they are required for the furnishing of important palaces and for collaborations with fashion houses as well as for expositions and exhibitions.
The second stop will be Palazzo Mocenigo, the Museum of Textiles and Costumes with the itineraries dedicated to Perfume. The museum will guide you to the discovery of the 17th and 18th Century Venetian style, through an itinerary dedicated to the fashion of that time. Garments and accessories are displayed to document the refinement and taste of the past centuries, together with the great ability of craftsmen of the time.
Other museum rooms are characterized by a path where the perfume is the protagonist. A video will illustrate the role of the city in the history of perfume and you will take part of a unique olfactory path.
After the visit to the museum, you will have the chance to see a truly singular shop. It was an ancient roasting shop where Giacomo Casanova stopped once, as a plaque on the wall attests.
It is a small store of cloaks and hats particularly appealing from the inside, chaotic but really unique. As you enter the store you will feel surrounded by tons of goods and by special furniture.
- Qualified guide
- Headphones (if necessary)
- Hotels pickup/drop off
- Food and drinks
- Palazzo Mocenigo Museum (8 € per person)
- Entrance to the weaving mill (12 € per person)
- No refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals.
- The tour will take place also with rain, in the event of exceptional high tide it might be cancelled and refund will be provided.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1