Venice Spritz Time Group Tour
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered in: English
- Duration: 1 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Over 18s ONLY
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Enjoy a sprits in a traditional Venetian Pub
- Cannaregio district
SPRITZ is the classic Venetian aperitif, a mix of white wine and – normally - Aperol and Seltz or sparkling mineral water.
This sunset-coloured cocktail is one of the most famous in Venice.
Its origin is unknown, but it seems that they dated back to when Venice was under the Austrian Empire: as the Austrian were used to drinking beer with a lower alcoholic degree.
To dilute the Venetian wines they used to put Seltz or sparkling water in their glasses; the origin, therefore, came from the German verb spritzen which means “to spray”, that is the gesture to dilute wine with sparkling water.
Spritz is the Venetian most iconic cocktails.
Meeting friends for a spritz is one of the most popular Venetian habits.
“Having a spritz together” as Venetians used to say, is the perfect pause between work and dinner—to catch up without having to commit to a full evening together.
Enjoy this Venetian wonderful habit in this fabulous “bacaro”, the so-called Venetian pub.
You can ask for a Spritz with Aperol (the sweetest), Spritz with Select (bitter), with Campari (bitterer) or with Cynar (strong taste, only for old Venetians).
- 01 Spritz
- 02 cicchetti (small appetizers)
- Hotel pick up/drop off
- Guide (self-guided experience)
- Be sure to get there at least 10 minutes prior to tour starting time
- No refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals.
- This tour takes place in all weather conditions, Please dress accordingly.