Ephesus and House of Mother Mary from Izmir
In 1-hour drive from Izmir City, there is Ephesus, which peak was between 1 A.D. and 2 A.D, the Roman capital of Asia Minor.
Ephesus was home to more than a quarter of a million people, from slave traders to saints. 150-year excavations at Ephesus have revealed the most complete Greco-Roman classical city on Earth.
Ephesus theatre is a great construction with a capacity for 44,000 spectators.
Then see the House of Mother Mary. Following the Predominant Christian tradition, Apostle John brought a Virgin Mary to Ephesus after the Resurrection of Christ, and she lived out her final resting days here. The story is based mainly on the traditional belief that John came to Ephesus combined with the biblical statement that Jesus Consigned her to John’s care (John 19:26-27).
- Explore Ephesus, the most impressive archaeological site in Turkey
- Step on the marble streets of Ephesus
- Visit the peaceful House of Mother Mary
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 5 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick-up service from Izmir Cruise Ship Port & Izmir Hotels.
- Disability ServicesNot wheelchair accessible
- CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. Please note we reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Transportation by AC Deluxe van
- Tour guide
- Parking fees
- Entrance fees
- Lunch & beverages
- Personal expenditures
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes.