Ephesus & House of Virgin Mary Private Tour from Izmir Port
After you are whisked away from Izmir Port, begin your tour and head to the UNESCO World Heritage site situated on Turkey's Mediterranean coast.
Once a bustling capital of Roman Asia Minor, Ephesus was one of the region's great attractions a wealthy and influential city and home of the famed Temple of Artemis and one of the wonders of the ancient world.
Less than a quarter of this archaeological site has been excavated, and it is still considered a complete example of a classical Greek metropolis. Listen to perceptive stories regarding the lives of the those who filled the city throughout past centuries as you wonder at the well-preserved ruins and revel in a delicious lunch in a local restaurant notable for its authentic Turkish cooking.
Your tour also takes you to other significant sights such as the House of the Virgin Mary, where Catholic belief says that the mother of Jesus spent her final days. You will also have the chance to visit the ruins of the 6th-century St. John Basilica, built by the Byzantine emperor Justinian I.
- See the ruins of a 6th-century basilica built for Justinian I
- Visit the Catholic and Muslim shrine at the House of the Virgin Mary
- Explore the site of the Temple of Artemis, a wonder of the ancient world
- See the spectacular and mysterious ruins of an ancient metropolis in Ephesus
- Scheduling: Private
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French
- Duration: 8 to 9 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePickup and Drop of from the Port of Izmir
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. Please note we reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Guided tour of Ephesus
- Admission fees
- Roundtrip transportation to Izmir port
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Please bring your booking documentation with you
- You must be able to walk on unpaved or uneven terrain
- Tour stops may vary
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1