Enjoy a Full Day Tour in Pamukkale and Aphrodisias from Kusadasi
Get to experience the wondrous landscape of the natural travertine terraces of the Pamukkale UNESCO World Heritage Site. Also get to visit the Hierapolis archaeological zone, which is an Ancient Roman resort city that has the largest necropolis in Asia Minor.
The rock formations of Pamukkale meaning Cotton Castle are a series of white terraces with dissolved calcium bicarbonate that bubble up from the foot of the mountain beyond.
The hot spring appears in the middle of the ancient resort city of Hierapolis which lies west of Pamukkale, and it's main features include the Temple of Apollo and the adjacent Plutonium, a cavern emitting carbon dioxide gas and deadly sulphur.
East of here is a Roman amphitheatre that has been restored and dates back to the second century AD. The majority of the stage buildings and their elaborate reliefs still remain intact. An exciting part of the city is the collonaded street which once extended almost 1km to a number of monumental portals. Just a triple arch flanked by towers and is dedicated to Emperor Domitian in 84 AD, still stands today.
Finally, you will visit the most exciting ancient site in the region, Aphrodisias, the City of Aphrodite, Odeon, the Big Stadium, monumental gateway and the Temple of Aphrodite.
Aphrodisias has its own distinctive and magnificent parts in its own right. The site stretches out over a vast area and is very well preserved and restored. It is easy to forget yourself in the moment because it doesn't have the massive tourist crowds it probably deserves. Imagining life in the Aphrodisias times of old is not difficult.
- See the natural travertine terraces at Pamukkale and a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Stop At The Hierapolis archaeological site and the Temple of Apollo
- Visit Aphrodisias the City of Aphrodite and lose yourself in the moment
- Scheduling: Private
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Dutch, Japanese
- Duration: 8 to 12 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePickup from your hotel in Kusadasi
- CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. Please note we reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Fuel surcharge
- Luxury Private Vehicle
- Local taxes
- Professional guide
- Personal Expenses
- Cleopatra Pool Entry Fee
- Please be ready at your hotel reception 15 minutes before your pickup time
- In the summer months please apply suncream
- Please wear comfortable shoes as there is walking involved
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1