Half Day Ephesus & Temple of Artemis Tour from Kusadasi Port
A tour to the ancient city of Ephesus is a highlight of any trip to Turkey. The best-preserved ancient city in the Eastern Med and is the most significant Open-Air Museum in Turkey.
Ephesus holds more than 30 buildings and structures linked together by streets that still have the marks of ancient chariot wheels.
Great Theatre: St Paul preached against the Pagans and the Gladiators and once engaged in battle. Initially holding approximately 25,000 people, this theatre was initially built in the Hellenistic period and was renovated by a number of Roman emperors. Designed for theatrical performances and then later alterations allowed gladiatorial contests to be held here.
The Library of Celsus has been remarkably restored and probably the most photographed place in Ephesus. Also, you might see the Odeon Temple, Fountain of Trajan, Temple of Hadrian, Stream baths of scholastic, Marble road, Agora and Temple of Domitian.
After lunch in a local Turkish restaurant, you will continue to the House of Virgin Mary where Mary was brought to Ephesus by the apostle John after the resurrection of Christ and lived out her final days here. The church was built on the foundations of that house, and its authenticity has been confirmed by Pope lV and Pope John Poul ll. Many visitors on a guided Ephesus tour describe this as an uplifting or Spiritual Experience.
The final place you will visit is the Temple of Artemis, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world. Ephesus’ Temple of Artemis was built in honour to the goddess of the hunt, and only the foundation and one column remain of this temple which once measured 425 feet long.
- Visit the Library of Celsus which has been remarkably restored and probably the most photographed place in Ephesus.
- Visit the Temple of Artemis considered one of the seven wonders of the ancient world
- Visit the Great Theatre where the Gladiators once fought
- Visit ancient Ephesus the best preserved classical city in Eastern Mediterranean
- Discover world famous UNESCO sights of Turkey
- Scheduling: Private
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, Chinese, Dutch, Japanese
- Duration: 4 to 5 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from your central hotel in Kusadasi or the Kusadasi Port
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. Please note we reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Admission fees to attractions
- Professional English speaking guide
- All sights mentioned in the itinerary
- Land transportation by an air-conditioned non-smoking vehicle
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Tips to the guide & driver (optional)
- Clients must be ready at the departure point 15 minutes before the departure time
- We cannot be held responsible for entry denied due to improper dressing
- Amendments are subject to availability and may require a supplement fee
- In the rare event of lack of availability due to special events an alternative day or service may be advised
- Please bring Passport for Children
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1