Half Day Ephesus and Virgin Mary Ultra Private Tour Shore Excursion
Your knowledgable guide can introduce you to what was once the best city within the Roman Empire.
In the years of the Roman Empire, the Greek port of Ephesus became the most magnificent city in Anatolia. Once in the ancient city, we will explore this magnificent ancient Roman city and visit some of the world-famous sights, including the Library of Celsus, Temple of Hadrian, Temple of Artemis and the Great Theatre.
All of these sites were built in the Greek era and reconstructed within the Roman period. The Great Theatre is still noted for its remarkable acoustics, and many celebrities have performed there including Michael Jackson.
Visit the Terrace Houses found opposite Hadrian’s Temple. The rich and important people of Ephesus lived in the Terrace Houses, which were decorated with mosaics and frescoes, giving an impression of the ancient lifestyle.
After visiting the ancient city, you'll get the opportunity to see the House of the Virgin Mary, which is known to be where the biblical Mother Mary lived before her ascent into Heaven. Your guide can inform you about the years of the Roman Empire and necessary alternative periods in Turkish history.
After all of this magnificent sightseeing relax and do a bit of shopping in some of the best carpet and leather outlets and grab some amazing bargains to take home and be the envy of all your friends.
This ultra-private tour can be customised to your needs so if you want to change it around or there is something else you want to add in we will accommodate it to your tastes.
- Enjoy the highlights of Ephesus on this Ultra-Private tour
- See how the Greek port of Ephesus became the greatest city
- See famous sites the Temple of Hadrian, Celcus Library and Odeon
- See where the wealthy once lived at the Terrace Houses
- Learn about the important history of Ephesus and Virgin Mary
- Walk in the footsteps of biblical figures at the House of Virgin Mary
- Scheduling: Private
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 6 to 7 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- This tour is for a minimum of 2 people
- This tour can be tailor made to your needs
- Entrance fees are not included but you have the option to add them into the price
- Pick-up servicePick up from Kusadasi Port
- CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. Please note we reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Pick up and drop off service from Kusadasi Port
- All transportation in a air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional and knowledgeable guide
- Entrance fees
- Food and drink
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Other services not mentioned
- Please dress appropriately when visiting any religious sites
- In the Summer months make sure to apply suncream as it can get very hot
- Make sure you wear comfortable clothing and footwear as there is walking involved
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1