Douro Grape Harvest & Stomping Tour w/ Wine Tasting & Lunch
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered in: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Duration: 10 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Over 18s only
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
- This Tour is seasonal and therefore available from 11th September to 15th October
- Pick-up servicePick-up at your accommodation or any place that you prefer in the Centre of Porto..
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Relax with a wine tasting assisted by the Oenologists, accompanied by some snacks
- Enjoy a regional lunch paired with white and red wine, followed by a tasting of sparkling wine
- Visit the Sanctuary of Moscatel and taste Moscatel Wine
- Harvest the grapes in the vineyard and stomp them in the lagar
Your day begins in Porto, the unconquered city. You start the tour and head east, where the Douro awaits you. As you approach your winery for the day, you start seeing the beautiful vineyards that surround it. You finally arrive at the wine estate and start by visiting the estate gardens.
In the late morning, you will have a wine and appetizers tasting assisted by the Oenologists of the Estate. Already with a bit of wine in our system to cheer you up, you go to the vineyards to start the grape picking. Out here you need to earn your lunch, so only filled up baskets are accepted. The Douro is famous for still doing some of its wine by stomping your feet, so now it’s time for you contribute to the tradition: all to the lagar.
All this activity probably made you thirsty so we step into the Sanctuary of Moscatel to discover this delicious nectar they’ve been making for more than 100 years. Because you did your job right, you’ll be awarded a delicious Douro regional lunch paired with the estate white and red.
To end your time at the winery on a high note, you’ll taste a sparkling wine made in the area. Then you will get back in the car and drive down the road to visit two of the most beautiful viewing points of the region. On the way back to Porto you’ll drive next to the Douro river on one of the most beautiful roads of the Valley.
Are you ready for the trip? Book Now.
- Local guide
- Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation or any other place in Porto that you prefer
- Tour made in 5-9 seater vehicle with air conditioning
- Visit to the Sanctuary of Moscatel and tasting of Moscatel Wine
- Harvesting the grapes in the vineyard and stomping them in the lagar
- Wine tasting assisted by the Oenologists, accompanied by some snacks
- Visit to an historical wine estate in the Douro Valley
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Pick-up and drop-off OUTSIDE of Porto - an extra fee applies, paid to the guide on the day
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Take a raincoat if it is raining
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required