Douro Olive Harvest Small Group Tour with Olive Picking & Wine Tasting from Porto
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered in: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Duration: 10 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- This is a seasonal tour available from 11th December - 28th February
- Pick-up servicePick-up at your accommodation or any place that you prefer in the Centre of Porto.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Get to know a Wine Estate in Favaios and taste the famous Moscatel Wine
- Try the olive oil
- Enjoy a traditional Douro lunch
- Taste Port Wine while an expert tells you all about it
We begin the tour in Porto and set off to the east towards the Douro region. This region produces consistent olive oils, with dark colours and intense aromas. The olive trees of the Douro region are an integral part of the Douro landscape, a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
Upon arrival, we visit the gardens of the Estate and enjoy a Moscatel wine. Then we go to the olive grove and start harvesting the olives using the traditional method of “Varejar” to the sound of the concertina. All that physical activity is followed by an olive oil tasting and a traditional Douro lunch.
With our energies up we take a guided visit to the place where we get to know all the traditional vinification process of Port Wine and Moscatel wine. Then we return to Porto. Are you ready for the trip? Book now!
- Local Guide
- Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation or at any other place in Porto that you prefer
- Tour made in 5-9 seater vehicle with air conditioning
- Visit to a Wine Estate in Favaios and Moscatel wine tasting
- Olive Oil Tasting
- Traditional Douro lunch
- Commented Port wine tasting
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Pick-up and drop-off OUTSIDE of Porto – an extra fee applies, paid to the guide on the day
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Take a raincoat if it is raining
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required