Feel the Pulse of Time on a Göbekli Tepe Tour
There are grounds to claim that the most significant archaeological discovery of the 21st century is the Göbekli Tepe as it dates back to 12 thousand years ago which makes it approximately 8 thousand years older than the Egyptian pyramids and 7 thousand years older than Stonehenge in England. Göbekli Tepe is even older than the human transition to settled life, so, therefore, proving the existence of religious beliefs before the establishment of the first cities.
Findings of researchers at Göbekli Tepe shows that a religious class existed at such early ages and division of society into social classes took place well before the assumed dates, and maybe the first agricultural activity to have been conducted in the region.
The site is also exceptional with the first patriarchal thought and the first reliefs and statues of the Neolithic Age. With all this new information, it has been added to the collective knowledge of humanity and into the history books. Because of the merits of its contribution to human history, Göbekli Tepe was inscribed to the UNESCO World Heritage List in 2018.
- Explore the archaeological dig at Göbekli Tepe
- Şanlıurfa city tour to include the exciting covered bazaar at the centre of ancient Şanlıurfa
- See the Haleplibhace mosaics, among the finest in the eastern Mediterranean region
- Scheduling: Private
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Japanese
- Duration: 2 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from Şanlıurfa Airport
- CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. Please note we reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Airport transfers
- Accommodation with breakfast
- Professional guide
- Road transport in a fully air conditioned vehicle
- All museum/site entries
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Drinks, lunch and dinner
Upon your arrival at Şanlıurfa Airport, you will be met by your guide. We will then travel to the ongoing archaeological dig at Göbekli Tepe.
Even though this site is not widely known it is one of the most important archaeological digs currently being undertaken anywhere and represents a significant shift in our understanding of man’s cultural evolution.
Şanlıurfa city tour will include the exciting covered bazaar at the centre of ancient Şanlıurfa and a visit to the Haleplibahce Mosaic Museum.
This is a newly opened museum where you can see exquisite Roman period mosaics from the 4th and 5th centuries.
Exposed by bulldozers during a construction project these fabulous mosaics have been preserved in situ where they have been buried for over 1500 years. The Haleplibhace mosaics are considered to be among the finest in the eastern Mediterranean region.
- Make sure you have adequate insurance
- Please advise of where your domestic flight will be from
- Please make sure your names exactly match your passports
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1