Private Montserrat Tour Barcelona
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered in: English, Spanish
- Duration: 5 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- All participants pay the adult price
- This tour MUST be booked no less than 3 days in advance
- This tour is NOT available on religious holidays, bank holidays and Sunday mornings
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel in Central Barcelona.
- Easy CancellationNon-refundable
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Explore the popular Benedictine monastery officially named “Santa Maria de Montserrat” along with its beautiful Basilica and museum.
- Visit the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Montserrat, also known as La Moreneta, Patron of Catalonia
- See the Museum of Montserrat where several works of Dali, El Greco, Monet and Giordano are preserved. In addition, you can see liturgical and archaeological exhibits
- Montserrat is also famous as the house of the L’Escolania, one of the oldest boys’ choirs in Europe with its origin dating back to the 13th century.
Choose our Montserrat Half-Day Trip from Barcelona and take a day outdoors to explore one of the best places around Catalonia! You will travel in comfort and style, since a local, licensed private driver will come directly to your hotel in central Barcelona or Cruise Port to pick you up, with a VIP car or minivan. Together with the driver, you will meet our licensed private guide, who will accompany you and show you the best the region has to offer.
Once you have reached Montserrat, you immediately understand why it is called the “jagged mountain”. The toponym “Montserrat” was created by the Romans, who called it “Mons Serratus”. Catalans sometimes call it “Montsagrat”, which means “sacred mountain” in their native language.
Montserrat’s Mountains host the popular Benedictine monastery officially named “Santa Maria de Montserrat” along with its beautiful Basilica and museum. This Monastery is a world-class visitors attraction and a UNESCO World Heritage site. It takes its name from the stunning mountain it is located on top of. Being perched at about 1200 meters above the valley, a breathtaking view can be enjoyed from the Monastery as well as peculiar rock formations. Some guides even say you can see Mallorca island when it’s sunny!
Every year thousands of visitors come to Montserrat sanctuary to worship Our Lady of Montserrat, also known as La Moreneta, Patron of Catalonia. You will also see the Museum of Montserrat where several works of Dali, El Greco, Monet and Giordano are preserved. In addition, you can see liturgical and archaeological exhibits. Montserrat is believed by some to be the place where the Holy Grail is hidden!
However, it is also famous as the house of the L’Escolania, one of the oldest boys’ choirs in Europe with its origin dating back to the 13th century. Several famous personalities made their pilgrimage to Montserrat, including Pope Benedict XIII, Columbus, Cervantes, von Humboldt, King Fernando and Isabella, Carlos I, Felipe II and Louis XIV.
So if you want to take a relaxing day in Barcelona's surroundings, you shall not miss this incredible chance. Choose our Montserrat Half-Day Trip from Barcelona!
- 5-hour private guide
- 5-hour private driver with private vehicle
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Entrance Fees
- We recommend you wear comfortable footwear suitable for long periods of walking for this tour.
- This tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress accordingly.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1