Engelberg - Typical Alpine Village
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered in: English, German, Spanish
- Duration: 10 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- This tour is available on a daily basis except 04 - 15 November 2019 due to operation schedule of Titlis tour
- Children from the age of 16 pay the full adult rate
- Children from the age of 6-15 pay 50% of the adult rate
- Children from the age of 0-5 are free of charge
- Pick-up serviceSihlquai Bus Station
- Easy CancellationRegular Tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before the Tour start free of charge.
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Panorama drive to Lucerne with photo stop en route (Lake Lucerne or Lion Monument)
- Introduction to Lucerne, including main sights
- Guided coach transfer Lucerne–Engelberg and back
- Leisure time in Lucerne approximately 1 hour
- Leisure time in Engelberg approximately 3 hours
On a scenic route, crossing the Albis Pass and through beautiful landscapes along the shores of the Lake of the Four Cantons reach the charming town of Lucerne.
Enjoy the drive while your guide narrates about the interesting Swiss history and points out the most remarkable landmarks.
Take in the views during a short photo stop en route and enjoy a brief orientation drive in Lucerne, where your guide points out the main attractions of this charming town like the Chapel Bridge, the Town Hall, the Jesuit Church and the Culture and Congress Centre.
Enjoy then some leisure time to shop some souvenirs and to explore the quaint Old Town on your own.
The journey continues to Engelberg, a typical Swiss alpine village located in the sunny basin under the north-face of Mt. Titlis. Surrounded by majestic mountains, the village was originally founded by Benedictine monks.
Their imposing Baroque-style monastery with the largest organ in Switzerland still dominates the centre.
Stroll around the village, visit the monastery with its cheese making facilities or hike one of the well-prepared trails in the beautiful surroundings during your approximately three hours leisure time.
In the late afternoon, return via Lucerne to Zürich.
- Partly live guide in English, German and Spanish
- Transportation in comfortable coach
- Personal expenses
8005 Zürich Arrival by tramway Take tramway no. 4 / 13 / 17 and alight at the stop "Sihlquai / HB". The coach parking is located across the street and the meeting point is a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here".
Arrival by train Take a train to Zürich main train station (HB). The departure place is located on the backside of the train station, about 5 – 10 minutes walking distance away. Please direct yourself to track no. 18. This is the last track on the street level. Walk along the track with the tracks to your left and the street to your right until the street turns to the right – follow the street to the right and you will see a restaurant called "St. Gallerhof", then Hotel Walhalla and a Starbucks coffee shop. The bus parking is located across the street and the meeting point is a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here".
Arrival by car There are several car parks around Sihlquai coach parking. Please be aware that they are very expensive and we, therefore, recommend to arrive by public transport. If you still prefer to arrive by car, we recommend the following car park, which is very close and open 24 hours:
Cross the coach parking towards the main train station. Our meeting point is a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here".
- There will be no guide during leisure time in Engelberg
- For the check-in we require your confirmation details and a proof of identity (ID).
- Please check in at least 15 minutes prior to the tour start at our departure point.