Pilatus - The Golden Round Trip (Summer)
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered in: English, German, Spanish
- Duration: 10 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Children from the age of 16 pay the full adult rate
- Children from the age of 6-15 pay 50% of the adult rate
- Children from the age of 0-5 are free of charge
- This tour is available daily from the 4th May to 16th November
- Pick-up serviceSihlquai Bus Station
- Easy CancellationRegular Tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before the Tour start free of charge.
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Panorama drive to Lucerne with photo stop en route (Lake Lucerne or Lion Monument)
- Introduction to Lucerne, including main sights
- Leisure time (approx. 1 hour) in Lucerne
- Panoramic gondola and aerial cable car
- World’s steepest cogwheel railway (48%) (early May to 17 Nov 2019)
- Boat ride on Lake Lucerne (04 May to 20 Oct 2019)
Set off for an exciting day travelling over the Albis Pass and along the shores of Lake of the Four Cantons to the enchanting city of Lucerne.
Take in the views during a short photo stop en route and enjoy a brief orientation drive, where your guide points out the main attractions of this charming town like the Chapel Bridge, the Town Hall, the Jesuit Church and the Culture and Congress Centre.
Enjoy the following leisure time to stroll through Lucerne's beautiful Old Town.
Continue to Kriens, where you take the panoramic gondolas to Fräkmüntegg.
Then hop aboard the aerial cableway "Dragon Ride" and enjoy the jaw-dropping views out of the panoramic windows, specially designed to give the feeling of flying.
Once at the top of Mt Pilatus (2132 m), venture down the Dragon's Path or go for a short hike to the summit.
Afterwards, relax on the panorama terrace admiring magnificent views over the surrounding mountains of the Swiss Alps and the blue lakes in the valleys below.
Different restaurants invite you for lunch.
The highlight of this day is probably the thrilling descent on the world's steepest cogwheel railway** (48% gradient) down to Alpnachstad.
Here you board the boat for a lovely 1-hour cruise on the beautiful Lake of the Four Cantons and enjoy the spectacular landscape from an entirely different angle.
Take the coach ride back from Lucerne to Zürich.
- **In early May, depending on the snow conditions, the programme might have to be operated as in winter season. Consult our tour description "Pilatus - The Mystic Mountain".
- Live guided in English, German and Spanish
- Transportation in comfortable coach
- Panoramic gondolas and aerial cable car Dragon Ride
- Cogwheel train
- Boat ride
- Personal expenses
8005 Zürich Arrival by tramway Take tramway no. 4 / 13 / 17 and alight at the stop "Sihlquai / HB". The coach parking is located across the street and the meeting point is a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here".
Arrival by train Take a train to Zürich main train station (HB). The departure place is located on the backside of the train station, about 5 – 10 minutes walking distance away. Please direct yourself to track no. 18. This is the last track on the street level. Walk along the track with the tracks to your left and the street to your right until the street turns to the right – follow the street to the right and you will see a restaurant called "St. Gallerhof", then Hotel Walhalla and a Starbucks coffee shop. The bus parking is located across the street and the meeting point is a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here".
Arrival by car There are several car parks around Sihlquai coach parking. Please be aware that they are very expensive and we, therefore, recommend to arrive by public transport. If you still prefer to arrive by car, we recommend the following car park, which is very close and open 24 hours:
Cross the coach parking towards the main train station. Our meeting point is a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here".
- For the check-in we require your confirmation details and a proof of identity (ID).
- Please check in at least 15 minutes prior to the tour start at our departure point.